A.T. Still University's Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
(ATSU-KCOM) is seeking a Clinician on the Kirksville, Missouri
campus. The position reports to the Director of Clinical Operations
and the Family Medicine Residency Program Director. The Clinician
is responsible for providing core faculty support to the OMM
Residency Program and providing comprehensive family medicine
medical services with emphasis in osteopathic manipulative medicine
for members of the northeast Missouri community.
Major Job Duties
- Provide supervision and assessment of residents in the OMM
- Provide and manage direct patient care, including physical
examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment for
a specified patient population.
- Train and supervise medical students assigned to the
- Participate in GMEC, subcommittees, task forces, and special
and/or internal review committees as requested.
- Work with other OMM faculty to ensure a positive learning
- Participate in recruitment and selection of resident
- Facilitate residents' participation in the educational and
- Direct and coordinate the patient care activities of nursing
and support staff as required.
- Follow established departmental policies, procedures, and
objectives; continuous quality improvement objectives; and safety,
environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Provide comprehensive medical services for patients on a
- Provide supervision of resident and students in the
- Complete assessment of trainees as requested.
- Work with program director and other faculty to assure program
meets ACGME standards.
- Participate in departmental and residency program meetings and
committees, as assigned.
- Board Certified osteopathic manipulative medicine
- The preferred candidate will be a well-trained OMM
- Federal DEA Certification; Medical Specialty License or
Certification; Board certified or Board Eligible in Specified Area
of Medical Specialty.
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care
aids and ability to prescribe dosages and instruct patients in
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control
- Knowledge of community medical diagnostic and patient care
services in area of medical expertise.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the
delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment in area of
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to supervise, advise, and train clinical professionals
and/or students in area of expertise.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or
- Ability to work in environment with considerable exposure to
unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes,
smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Able to do moderate physical activity: requires handling of
average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking
for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Able to work in environment involving exposure to potentially
dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive
safety precautions and may include the use of protective
- Will work with blood or blood-borne pathogens and will require