Open Rank Faculty &
Director of Radiologic Technology and Imaging Science
Faculty and Director of Radiologic Technology and Imaging Science
(Full-time faculty; rank depending upon
of Nursing and Allied Health
POSITION SUMMARY: The
Director of the Associate of Science in Radiologic
Technology Program and Bachelor of Science in Imaging
Science is a full-time position responsible for
comprehensive program administration at the Bluefield and Beckley
campus sites including fully online components, oversight of all
program activities and performing limited instruction. The
Director has authority and responsibility within the general
policies of the college for the program of learning, recommendation
of candidates for faculty appointment, retention, assessment and
providing necessary information to meet requirements of continued
accreditation. The Director must understand the whole
function of the college, its philosophy and objectives and the
place of Radiology/Imaging Science education in the college
curriculum. This position requires teaching face to face on
each campus as well as teaching online/hybrid courses as assigned.
The administration of the program at the Beckley campus
incorporates all the specific responsibilities as listed to include
regular visits and teaching at the Beckley campus site. The
Director is responsible for maintaining professional standards as
identified in accreditation criteria and the radiology
- Continued assessment and compliance in accordance with the
essentials specified by radiological technology requirements and
- Secures clinical education sites for students. Submits and
maintains affiliation agreements and contract requirements for
clinical educational opportunities.
- Leads the search process to recruit and select high quality
faculty and staff.
- Directs the processes to assure ongoing program accreditation
- Communicates effectively and works well with prospective and
current students, staff, faculty, administration, and colleagues
and community partners in large and small settings.
- Works closely with Enrollment and Planning, Marketing and
Communications, and other stakeholders of the College to ensure all
parties are informed about the programs and recruitment
- Participates in professional organizations promoting
advancement of the radiology profession.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and educational support to the
Radiological Technology program.
- Ensures alignment of the program(s) to the college mission and
the requirements of applicable regional and professional
- Performs the administrative functions for the Radiological
Technology/Imaging Science programs.
- Teaches a minimum of two courses per semester within the
Radiological Technology and/or Imaging Science program(s).
- Takes a supportive interest in the academic progress of each of
- Maintains required office hours as assigned so that s/he may be
available to the students for advising, remediation and offering
assistance toward achieving student success.
- Keep abreast of his/her academic discipline through continuing
study, and/or active participation of his/her professional
- Attend commencement and convocations and cooperate fully with
the BSC Board of Governors, the President, the Provost and the Dean
in promoting the interests of Bluefield State College and the
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Earned Master’s degree from an accredited institution in a
related field of healthcare or education required. Earned doctorate
in applicable field of study preferred;
- Proficient in curriculum design, evaluation, instruction,
program administration and academic advising;
- Minimum of three years’ full-time clinical experience in the
- Minimum of two years’ experience as an instructor in a JRCERT
- Holds current American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
(ARRT) certification and registration, or equivalent;
- Familiar with standards needed for accreditation by
- Experience with accreditation including, but not limited to,
writing self-studies, site visits, peer evaluator for nationally
recognized agencies; and
- Experience with data collection and analysis with a commitment
to continuous improvement of processes, programs, and
COMPENSATION: Salary is commensurate with
qualifications and experience. Faculty rank will depend upon
qualifications. Position is dependent upon available funding.
THE COLLEGE: The mission of Bluefield
State College is to provide students an affordable, accessible
opportunity for public higher education. A historically black
institution, Bluefield State College prepares students for diverse
professions, graduate study, informed citizenship, community
involvement, and public service in an ever-changing global society.
More information about the College is available at www.bluefieldstate.edu.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Completed
applications are to be submitted in electronic format only to
and must include:
- Letter of interest specific to the position;
- A completed BSC Employment Application (form available at
- Contact information for at least three professional references;
- Transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable for the
application process; official transcripts will be required of the
Please do not
include photographs or any personal information (e.g. D.O.B, place
of birth, etc.) on your application or supporting documents.
Position is open until filled. A review of applications will begin
immediately. For full consideration, applications must be received
by 4:00 pm EST, February 11, 2022.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled; however,
applications received after the deadline may not receive full
Bluefield State College is an
HBCU, AA/EOE/ADA employer, committed to the principle that
minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are
encouraged to apply. The college complies with all applicable
federal and state laws designed to promote equal educational and
employment opportunities. Bluefield State College does not provide
H1B visa or employment sponsorship.