Work Site Location:
Work Schedule: Tues, Wed, and Thurs 5 p.m. - 9
This position serves as the point of
contact for the public, patients, clinic employees, and students in
the Dental Hygiene Program Clinics (Heritage Health site). This
position will maintain the day-to-day operations of the dental
clinic, and play an important role in communicating with patients,
students, and employees.
This list includes but is not limited to the following:
- Plans, organizes, and directs dental clinic activities.
- Organizes and maintains program files; helps maintain patient
- Ensures patient privacy according to the Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Ensures patient information is accurately recorded and updated,
- Ensures patient’s payments are processed and documented.
- Acts as receptionist for the clinic: answers telephone, routes
calls, makes appointments, greets patients, maintains patient
- Collects fees, writes receipts, checks supplies against
invoices, follows-up with purchase orders.
- Acts as a liaison between patients and their general
- Oversees infection control practices: monitors infection
control procedures according to established standards for the
- In coordination with the program director, ensures students
practice appropriate infection control.
- Trains and monitors students in their office assisting
- Ensures that employees, students, and volunteers (dentists,
hygienists, and non-licensed volunteers) are oriented to the
clinic, including safety and infection control policies and
- Oversees sterilization and asepsis procedures for all dental
equipment and supplies in compliance with regulations to ensure
- Anticipates needs and prepares equipment and supplies for the
student dental hygienists and patients.
- Develops and maintains work schedules for clinical faculty to
ensure smooth operation of the clinic.
- Manages and maintains clinic computer program and
- Manages, develops and maintains the clinic database of dental
records and radiographs.
- Prepares computer forms for clinical use.
- Ensures copier and printers are maintained.
- Coordinates with the Health Professions Administrative
Assistant to ensure supplies and equipment are ordered to ensure
appropriate levels of stock are maintained.
- Ensures equipment is in working order and schedules repairs as
- Tracks patient satisfaction surveys.
- Prepares clinic forms, maintenance requests, and supply
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work
relationship with supervisor, college staff, students, and the
Education and Experience
- Assists with special projects as directed.
- Runs various routine errands, as required, for the
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attend meetings and events as required by North Idaho College
and Heritage Health administration.
- Ability to work variable shifts including evenings.
: High school diploma and two
years, full-time equivalent dental office experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of
All application materials including resume and cover letter must
be uploaded and the application completed prior to the close
Advertised: December 15, 2021 Pacific Standard
- Excellent customer service, verbal communication, and
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone
- Proficient skills with Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook
computer software required.
- Work as a team member to plan and accomplish goals.
- Always promote the welfare and best interest of students.
- Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with applicable
laws, regulations and goals of the college and the clinic.
- Understand and value the contributions of a diverse
- Represent the Dental Hygiene Program and the College in a