Professional Expert - Industrial Maintenance Instructor
Kern Community College District
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
$35.00 - $60.00 per hour based on expertise and
Flexible-No more than 20-25 hrs per wk
This position is not eligible for health benefits.
DO-KCCD Bakersfield Downtown
This is a temporary position for the 2020-21 academic year.
The Kern Community College District is looking for
instructor/trainers with experience training Industrial Maintenance
Technicians to train participants in our Energy Careers Training
Education and Experience:
- Five years of related industry experience is required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Prior experience with a manufacturer is a plus.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic
backgrounds of community college students.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions
(Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the
United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be
evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a
screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to
limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum
qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an
Knowledge and Abilities:
STRONG KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Industrial safety.
- Power tools.
- Technical drawings.
- Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the
position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time
limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any
Completed application packet must include:
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Establish good working relationships with a variety of
individuals and organizations and facilitate inter-organizational
- Learn College and District organization and applicable
operations, policies, and procedures.
- Utilize internet research, computer word processing, electronic
mail, and spreadsheet programs.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate
in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/14687
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copies of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application
Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community
College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to