Instructor - Biology Dual Enrollment - Early College Academy -
Biology Instructor for the Dual Enrollment Program – Early College
Academy. This is a non-tenure track position.
The instructor teaches in discipline areas in which he or she has
specific training and competence. The instructor is expected to
plan, organize, and teach in a manner that facilitates student
learning in keeping with the learning-centered values and goals of
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
• Teaching: teach General Biology lecture and laboratory in the
Biology Dual Enrollment program; participation in programs that
promote instructional development in the discipline; develop and
manage curricular materials, ensuring that they meet departmental
and university standards; participation in campus initiatives
related to teaching.
• Scholarship: There are no scholarship expectations for this
position, though contributions to the scholarship of teaching would
be welcomed and supported.
• Service: Manage activities associated with Biology Dual
Enrollment program including communication, coordination, and
program training to high school teachers in the dual enrollment
program. Engage in relevant service activities in support of
departmental, college, and university needs; service supporting
community outreach; and service to relevant professional
organizations; participate in student recruitment efforts as
Master’s degree in Biology or a closely related field OR Master’s
degree plus 18 hours of Biology coursework at the graduate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction
with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to
exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
• Excellent teaching skills with an ability to coordinate with the
faculties and students from diverse cultural backgrounds
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to engage large groups of people with complicated
• Able to teach with appropriate real-world experience
• Able to demonstrate confidence teaching and presenting in a
• Technologically adept: can utilize electronic communications,
online learning management systems, and other forms of technology
related to the position
• Passionate about the field of Biology and education in
• Clearly understands curriculum design, pedagogy, and learning
• Demonstrated teaching excellence
• Experience in distance education
• Experience working with or in the high school setting
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds
• Classroom Instruction.
• Travel to regional high schools participating in the Biology Dual
Enrollment program will be required.
• May require some evenings.
Hours of Work
Varied depending on classes.
10 month teaching position (Aug-May)
May require some evenings and/or occasional weekends.