St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis,
in the heart of growing St. Charles County. At St. Charles
Community College, we have a passion for student success. We serve
a growing diverse student population, and we are committed to
increasing the diversity of our faculty and staff who will help
prepare our students for a global society. Qualified candidates
will have demonstrated success in serving diverse student
St. Charles Community College is seeking
a full-time Systems Architect who will
be responsible for day-to-day operations of the administrative and
student services Windows domain servers, as well as support for the
SAN, and second-level support for internet services servers (DNS,
Essential Duties and
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties
may be assigned.
- Provides Tier-2 and Tier-3 System Administration support for
servers, SANs, and operating systems; to include Windows server
OS's as well as some Linux instances.
- Serves as lead by providing direction and support of the
Network Computing Network and System Administrators, as well as
day-to-day direction for the System Administrator's
- Provides design and architecture for all Network Computing
servers and SAN/storage systems and all virtualized infrastructure,
as well as cloud server infrastructure including any systems
present at satellite campuses that are adjunct to the main SCC
- Acts as primary liaison to Administrative Computing department
with respect to Windows servers and virtualized environment.
Provides Windows server architecture for emerging Datatel (our
current SIS) Windows migrations, and provides sole SAN management
for the SIS.
- Must possess knowledge of server and data storage hardware
architecture, and keep abreast of new trends as they evolve.
- Installs new/rebuilds existing servers and configures hardware,
peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc., in
accordance with standards and project/operational
- Configuration, manage, and update MS Windows servers during the
designated maintenance window according to business best practices
and security guidelines.
- Designs and architect the backup strategy for all Network
Computing systems, as well as the SIS Windows servers to meet the
college's retention guidelines.
- Performs day-to-day maintenance tasks for the Administrative
- Provides back-up support for Linux-based servers.
- Creates technical documentation.
- Researches and recommends innovative, and where possible,
automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Performs day-to-day Active Directory design and maintenance
- Assists PC Operations to provide support to the college
- At least two years' experience in a relevant position.
- Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent mix of education and
- Intimate knowledge of most current, as well as evolving
versions of Microsoft server operating systems
- Current levels of Microsoft Exchange with expertise in mail
- Experience with Microsoft's clustering model; ability to manage
and configure a SAN, as well as virtualized server platforms, with
an emphasis on Hyper-V; administrative capabilities across a number
of Linux distributions.
- High degree of familiarity with DNS, Active Directory, LDAP,
cross-platform data sharing, and security best practices.
St. Charles Community College is an Equal Opportunity
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website
below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept
applications through our website.