Facilities Support Services Team Lead
Attention Current Willamette University Employees:
to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log
into your Workday account and apply through the Career
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please
complete our online employment application. Your application and
all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page --
must be submitted for each individual job post that you are
interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline,
please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline.
Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your
Under Facilities Support Service leadership, this position is a
working team lead, providing support and direction to a Facilities
Support Services contract cleaning team and performing a variety of
housekeeping and custodial and minor maintenance duties in all
University buildings. Must be knowledgeable in custodial procedures
and methods in order to assess and direct contractor's staff work
quality as well as perform the duties of the position. Duties
require the Team Lead to fill in upon the absence of other
University staff members. The Team Lead must have the ability to
coordinate effectively with Facilities Management staff in order to
maintain the high cleanliness standards of Willamette University.
Team Leads must be service minded and mission oriented while
performing the duties of this position.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- As a Team Lead, is responsible for performing the essential
functions of Facilities Support Services positions.
- Provide support and direction to Facilities Support Services
contract cleaning staff as directed by Facilities Support Services
- Promotes and maintains an efficient and harmonious working
environment with both University and non-university
- Work as part of the team when other Facilities Services team
member(s) are absent or as the work requires assisting other team
- Perform and conduct floor maintenance work. (extract carpets,
scrub, buff, strip and wax hard floor surfaces)
- May assist in training personnel as assigned by Facilities
Support Services leadership.
- Assist with the delivery of supplies to all campus
- Consults with Supervisor on problems and for special
- Ensure that all University and non-university employees
practice safe work habits and wear PPE's when needed.
- Inform Facilities Support Services leadership of all safety
violations and unsafe conditions.
- Report all employee injuries to Facilities Support Services
- Notify Facilities Support Services leadership of supply needs
or equipment that's in need of repair or replacement; input
computer work requests as needed.
- Works with immediate Supervisor in completing work order
requests in a timely manner.
- Responds to emergency calls to evaluate the situation before
notifying the on call/shift supervisor about issues.
- Responsible for the performance of a variety of unskilled and
semi-skilled custodial and /or housekeeping duties in University
buildings as assigned by Facilities Support Services
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Any combination of education, training and experience that
provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform
the essential functions of the position.
- Ability to supervise in a team based custodial
- Ability to complete assigned duties in a timely manner and
oversee crew routines and assignments as required by
- Ability to communicate both orally and in written English,
understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to use a computer to submit, update and complete
service requests, create and maintain simple databases and
spreadsheets and use email.
- Ability to handle emergency situations effectively and
- Must have the ability to work without direct supervision, as
well as establish and maintain harmonious relations with other
staff, faculty and students.
- Ability to work extra hours, alternative shifts and flexible
hours as needed.
- An employer paid pre-placement physical is required, upon
- Must have a valid Oregon Driver's license.
- This position is subject to a criminal conviction record
Typical Work Schedule
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of three years or more of custodial
- Previous supervisor experience.
Sunday - Thursday 10:30pm - 7am (night shift)
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
Work for extended periods of time while walking, standing, bending,
stooping, and climbing and while exposed to dirt, dust, infectious
waste, obnoxious odors and inclement weather in areas sometimes
dimly-lit. Often requires traveling from building to building
outdoors and routinely traversing steps / stairs. Frequently and
safely lift 10 pounds and occasionally lifting between 11-50
pounds. Must have the ability to work from ladders.
Salary: $17.67 per hour base rate; $0.50 per hour shift
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue
until the position is filled.
All University positions require that candidates submit to a
criminal conviction record check prior to hire. Conviction does not
automatically preclude candidates from being hired. Nature of
conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the
You will need to upload the following documents as part of your
application materials in the "My Experience" section labeled
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and
presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve
- Current Resume
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/Facilities-Support-Services-Team-Lead_R0003718
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and
to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting
and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek
candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented
groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus
varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.