Security Officer (Part-Time)
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
This position provides security on-campus and off-campus of Texas
A&M University-Corpus Christi and ensures the policies for the
satellite buildings, and the policies set forth by Texas A&M
University-Corpus Christi are being followed within the facility
that they are assigned to.
Functional Area 1:
Provide Security on and off-campus
locations owned and controlled by the Texas A&M
Percent Effort: 90%
Functional Area 2:
- Assist the facility's staff in opening and closing the assigned
- Conduct frequent foot patrols of the facility's interior and
exterior of the building.
- Address any violations of the facilities or Texas A&M
University-Corpus Christi policies and report any observations to
their respective supervisor.
Observe and report irregularities
such as safety hazards, security breaches, and emergencies.
Percent Effort: 9%
Functional Area 3:
- Monitor Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras to report any
irregularity in and around the assigned facility.
- Conduct daily counts as part of the opening and closing
procedures of specific items and report any irregularities to the
- While conducting foot patrols of the facility report any slip,
trips, accidents, or any other hazards to the appropriate personnel
and initiate safety protocols as needed.
Assist other areas of the Texas
A&M University-Corpus Christi-Police Department as
Percent Effort: 1%
- Support Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi-Police
Department during an emergency crisis and are subjected to
emergency recall if necessary.
- Participate in semi-annual departmental meetings when notified
to do so.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- No prior experience is required.
- Basic skills using computers.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Security-Officer--Part-Time-_R-040530-1