Coppin State University, a fully accredited institution and member
of the University System of Maryland, is accepting applications for
the Full-Time, Tenure-Track Assistant Professor position in the
Department of Humanities. The responsibilities will be related to
the enhancement of the visual art program for the University.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Teach a full-time faculty load (at least 12 credits) of
foundation courses in Basic Drawing, Painting 1 and 11, Basic 2-D
Design, and other visual arts courses related to the successful
candidate’s specific research interests.
- Recruit, train, & advise students.
- Coach students in Visual arts-related activities.
- Collaborate with other Humanities faculty, particularly as it
relates to the use of technology in visual applications
- Other duties & responsibilities as assigned.
- MFA degree in Visual Arts is required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Evidence of notable teaching success of 3 years at the
- Strong foundation of teaching experience in two-dimensional art
Position Detail Information
- Commitment to excellence in teaching a diverse student
- Ability to maintain confidential information of students and
department grades and advising records.
- Ability to contribute to the Department’s visual arts program,
research, grants, and service initiatives.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, and the ability
to work with faculty colleagues, underrepresented students’ groups,
and industry partners on various projects and pedagogical
Posting Detail Information
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
COVID -19 vaccination is required prior to start of work at Coppin
State University. Medical and religious exemption requests are
accepted and are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.