Job Posting Title
Special Projects - Employer Engagement Specialist
Los Rios Community College District (All
The Los Rios Community College District is the second-largest,
two-year public college district in California, serving
approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The
District’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and
El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties
and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American
River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake, and Sacramento City colleges.
In addition to each college’s main campus, the District offers
educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk
Grove, Natomas, and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios District Office is centrally located in the heart of
the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong
communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some
of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake
Tahoe, Napa Valley, and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a
great place to live and work.
The District has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four
colleges and District Office complex. The District Office is
centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming,
inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students,
employees, and our community partners. Our departments strive for
the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and
are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student
population through improved academic and social outcomes.
Our Colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student
success centered education. Our objective is to help our students
successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to
transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associates
degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand
Under general supervision of the assigned supervisor, the Employer
Engagement Specialist will conduct outreach to employers that
results in internship opportunities for Los Rios Career Education
and disproportionately impacted students. The Employer Engagement
Specialist will refer employers and new internship opportunities to
the planning team; understand and apply LRCCD values and diversity,
equity and inclusion strategies; and participate in events and
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Recruiting and vetting off-campus employers to offer
internships in targeted CE sectors.
- Serving as a bridge between the industry and the Work
Experience Program ( WEXP ) to enhance success for CTE
- Attending approved employer engagement events (e.g.
Sacramento Area Human Resource Association, Chamber of
Commerce, professional association meetings) to develop internship
- Assisting with the planning and implementation for Internship
Information Month (Fall and Spring)
- Engaging with the off-campus employers to help them understand
and comply with the requirements of WEXP and general internships,
including completion of associated paperwork for student internship
opportunities (i.e. Learning Objectives and Student
- Developing a campus-based sector specific professional online
profile on platforms such as LinkedIn to network with industry
professionals for recruitment.
- Assisting with vetting of potential employers enrolled in
Handshake to assist Work Experience Coordinators as needed.
- Promoting and ensuring that employers use the Handshake career
- Engaging with discipline faculty and other stakeholders in
sectors to identify possible employer partners and internship and
- Participating in WEXP District wide meetings and collaborating
with the other sectors and team members as needed anticipating that
there will be overlap among the industries contacted and their
- Apply internship development best practices, including those
related to employers working with community college students,
working with student populations with a strengths-based focus,
supporting Disproportionately Impacted populations in the
workplace, and the cultural wealth model.
- Maintain data/a database system for tracking all internship
contacts and progress
- Participating in professional development as directed by campus
- Providing regular reporting of activities and progress toward
goals and objectives.
To be determined
NOTE : Short-term temporary employees shall not be employed for
more than 135 days, or 960 hours, whichever is reached first, in
any fiscal year.
Total Hrs per Week/Day
To be determined.
One year’s experience in employment development
at a community college or community-based organization or two years
of experience in business development/sales in any sector.
: Completion of an Associate’s Degree or 60
semester units (90 quarter units).
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and
understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural,
disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic
backgrounds of community college students, including those with
physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in
learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive
educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12
months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable
part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent
for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education
Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30
units are equal to one year of education.)
Education must be from an accredited institution.
- A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified
Application (required). ·
- Resume (required).
- Unofficial transcripts of college/university work
- Applications submitted without all required documents, listed
above, will be disqualified.
- Applicants indicating “see resume” on the application will not
have that referenced experience considered for minimum
qualifications, which may lead to the application being
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be
accepted as unofficial transcripts.
- Applicants, including current Los Rios Community College
District employees, are required to provide unofficial transcripts,
if required to meet the minimum qualifications for the
- Applicants are required to submit official transcripts within
60 days of the time of hire.
- Individuals who have completed college or university course
work at an institution in a country other than the United States
must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees,
and other relevant documents.
- A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign
course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary
placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a
college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE
(Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or
NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services)
agencies or evaluators. For additional information on foreign
click here .
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
$30.00 per hour
Additional Salary Information
No additional salary information to note
Beginning On (or About)
How and where to apply
Please visit our
Frequently Asked Questions
for complete information on
how to apply online with our District. If you need assistance with
any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112
during regular business hours 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. PST, Monday
After hour inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu.
Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance
from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and
proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States
prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional
qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur
during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a
requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from
the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days
Effective October 1, 2021, all faculty and staff must have received
the first dose of the vaccine against the virus that causes COVID
-19 and effective December 1, 2021, all faculty and staff must be
fully vaccinated in order to:
- be physically present on District premises for an extended
amount of time, generally more than 15 minutes
- or participate in District activities for an
extended amount of time, generally more than 15 minutes
- or be inside a building or office
unless they receive an approved medical exemption or religious
All new hires must be fully vaccinated or receive an approved
medical or religious exemption within forty-five (45) calendar days
of hire. Within seven (7) calendar days, all new hires must show
proof they have received the first dose of a two-dose vaccine, or
one dose of a one-dose vaccine, or have applied for a medical or
For the latest information on the COVID Vaccine mandate, please
COVID Vaccine Requirements
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering
the question below, I certify that the information provided by me
is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and
belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained
herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I
release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing
such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or
misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if
applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for
disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of
an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to
complete the form 'Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime',
P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed
pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed
click on the link and download the form
https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf and attach
the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- No answer
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- * Please copy and paste the link below, then read and review
the CRC Statement concerning the value of cultural competence.
I have reviewed the CRC Statement Concerning the Value of Cultural
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime