Assistant Director of Fraternity & Sorority
Bucknell University's Office of Fraternity & Sorority Affairs
is seeking an Assistant Director of Fraternity and Sorority
Affairs. This position will report to the Director of Fraternity
and Sorority Affairs as one of two Assistant Directors in the
Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs. The position is a
full-time, twelve-month posting, with some evening and weekend
The Assistant Director will provide oversight and advisement to one
governing council, a portfolio of chapters, and individual student
leaders. The Assistant Director will also work collaboratively in
the design and execution of community and council-wide programming,
including leadership training, health and safety, risk management,
hazing prevention, and wellness. The Assistant Director will also
work closely with and supervise student housing staff in fraternity
or sorority chapter spaces. Successful candidates will demonstrate
the ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment,
demonstrate teamwork and collaboration, and have the desire to be
highly engaged with students and stakeholders.
Founded in 1855, Bucknell University's Fraternity and Sorority
community consists of sixteen nationally affiliated chapters,
totaling approximately 1400 students or just under 50% of the
eligible student body. Bucknell is home to 7 NIC fraternities, 7
NPC sororities, 1 MGC sorority, and 1 NPHC sorority. NIC
fraternities are housed on campus and NPC, MGC, and NPHC sororities
are provided chapter residential and social space in Hunt Hall, our
on campus sorority residence hall.
● Advise a fraternity/sorority
governing council and a portfolio of chapters, establishing a
strong rapport with students and assisting with their growth and
● Advise and oversee council recruitment and/or intake activities
in accordance with University and inter/national organization
policies and standards.
● Assist in and provide support in new chapter development efforts
in accordance with the University's strategic responsible growth
● Collaborate to design, develop, and deliver programs and
resources that promote leadership, scholarship, service, and
organizational development including, but not limited to:
leadership retreats and training, resource guides for students and
stakeholders, common new member education, wellness, health and
safety, and hazing prevention.
● Support and foster a sense of community within the residential
environment while maintaining a consistent presence in residential
spaces. Maintain availability and accessibility to respond to
critical incidents or crises.
● Provide supervision and leadership to Peer Advisers (residential
student staff), and assistance to student staff and chapter
leadership with design and implementation of educational
programming and community development within a residential and
● Work in close collaboration with colleagues in Residential
Education, Housing Services, and Facilities to coordinate
fraternity/sorority opening and closing, health and safety
inspections, and other housing related tasks.
● Complete other duties as assigned.
● Master's degree in
college student personnel, higher education administration or
● Minimum of one year experience working directly with
fraternity/sorority advising within a higher education setting
(graduate assistantships or national headquarters experience also
● Knowledge of and a working understanding of current best
practices in Fraternity and Sorority Affairs, health and safety
practices, and the structure of NIC, NPHC, MGC, and NPC
● Strong commitment to student development and supporting a
● Ability to work collaboratively across cultures and styles at all
levels of an organization
● Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
● Strong organizational skills
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - oral and
● Ability to cultivate and maintain strong relationships while
building consensus and cultivating additional support
● 2 years
post-masters experiences working in fraternity & sorority
● Experience with Campus Director and Campus Labs.
● Affiliation in a national fraternity or sorority.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496857/assistant-director-of-fraternity-sorority-affairs