SUNY Delhi seeks an experienced and energetic professional to
lead the Marketing and Communications Division. This individual
should be accomplished in marketing and brand strategy, have
experience managing multiple tasks and individuals, and demonstrate
skill in integrating communications and creative direction. The
Vice President for Marketing & Communications serves as the
chief public relations officer for SUNY Delhi and is responsible
for developing and implementing an overarching plan for strategic
communications, marketing, and public affairs that is innovative,
progressive, and proactive in order to support and reflect the
college's goals and objectives.
The Vice President of Marketing and Communications will develop
and manage the implementation of a comprehensive marketing plan to
support and drive the institution's goals. This individual must be
able to work in a collaborative environment, working closely with
the senior leadership team and other campus constituents in order
to build consensus on strategy and execution of the plan. The Vice
President will be a leader of vision and integrity; have
experience as a change agent with demonstrated expertise and
effectiveness; and will have the creativity and energy to advance
SUNY Delhi across all dimensions. The successful candidate will
have a proven track record of inspiring leadership, advancing
creative and strategic thinking, collaboration, and marketing
success across media platforms.
Overseeing the strategy for the College's marketing and
communication efforts, the Vice President carries important
institutional responsibilities including developing the SUNY Delhi
brand; directing communication strategies; managing crisis
communications; and leading marketing and advertising initiatives.
This oversight also includes managing internal & external
communications, the production of multimedia publications, and
leading media relations outreach. The successful candidate must
have comprehensive knowledge of the creative process and the skills
necessary to effectively develop and lead a team of dedicated
SUNY Delhi prides itself on being a welcoming college community
for all. Diversity, equity and inclusiveness are integral
components of the highest quality academic programs and the
strongest campus climate. The college seeks a wide range of
applicants for its positions so that inclusive excellence will be
Specifically, the Vice President of Marketing and Communications
- Report directly to the Campus president, preparing executive
communications, including speeches, remarks, briefing and papers on
current and potential issues in higher education. Work with highly
sensitive and confidential information.
- Participate on the Campus Senior Leadership Team and have
- Oversee the college's internal and external messaging, ensuring
compelling and consistent messaging is applied across an
appropriate mix of print publications, web and other electronic
communications, public relations, and advertising platforms. In
addition, measure the impact of these integrated initiatives and
refine as needed.
- Manage the college brand within all departments.
- Direct the college's media relations and emergency
communications, both proactively and reactively.
- Work cross-functionally with all divisions and departments to
promote events and programs.
- Collaborate with staff to ensure a dynamic, interactive, and
comprehensive web presence that meets the needs of multiple
- Work closely with staff to encourage strategic use of social
- Assist the admissions office in the design and execution of a
strategic enrollment marketing plan.
- Oversee the department's budget and monitor its implementation,
including contracts for all vendors related to marketing and or
communications projects, including graphic designers,
photographers, videographers, web services, etc.
- Evaluate and manage direct-report staff in the areas of
communications, marketing, and the copy shop.
- Master's Degree in marketing, communications, public
relations, or related field
- Five years of progressively responsible leadership experience
in marketing and communications
- Experience mentoring and supervising a team of marketing and
- Demonstrated leadership in creating, implementing, and
evaluating a multi-year, institution-wide marketing and
- Extensive writing and editing experience with a variety of
print and on-line communications
- Preference will be given to those with higher education
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation
- Ability to translate strategic thinking into action plans
- Ability to recognize and assess situations and events with news
value and propose and implement the best response strategies
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks,
work independently and make decisions in an independent manner
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a team
environment and with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work nights and weekends when needed
- Strong organizational and customer service skills