Harold Washington College is currently seeking a part-time Faculty
to teach English Language Learning and English as a Second
Language. If you have passion for English Learners and Advocacy,
and are committed to the mission of the community college, consider
joining our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated
success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching
strategies, creating materials, and implementing approaches that
reflect current practice and expertise in the field of
- Design curriculum and methods to meet learning outcomes and
promote students’ active participation in their own learning.
- Work in a diverse community of EL instructors creating an
effective multilingual multicultural learning environment that
fosters students’ intellectual curiosity, global awareness, and
acquisition of English for Academic purposes.
- Have a sound understanding of formative and summative
assessment as they relate to language acquisition.
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals
and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people
and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying
confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Advocate for and elicit and respect student leadership in the
student’s local, academic and professional communities, and promote
collaboration among members of these communities.
- Master’s Degree in Linguistics or Master's in Teaching English
as a Second Language
- Knowledge of current and effective technology tools and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to
communicate with diverse group of staff and students required
- Experience with a diverse, multicultural, multi-lingual student
population is desired, as is a commitment to the open access
mission of the community college.
The position is at Harold Washington College
and may require
day, evening and/or weekend working hours.
To be considered for employment, your complete application packet
- Letter of Interest.
- A Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- College Transcripts.
City Colleges of Chicago is an equal opportunity and affirmative
action employer. Thank you for your interest in City College of