Works with the Executive Director of Facilities Management as part
of the Facilities Management leadership team. Participates in the
planning, development and coordination of all Facilities Management
activities. Assists the Executive Director with development and
implementation of department policies and standards. Functions as
the department’s subject matter expert on building and
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide supervision for skilled trades area managers
(Carpentry, Mechanical, etc.).
- Benchmark and track energy consumption, environmental
performance and sustainable opportunities.
- Maintain building plans, improvement and equipment database,
including but not limited to maintenance records, blue prints,
surveys, and similar files.
- Conduct and document building condition tours and compliance
- Assist with inspecting the work performance of Facilities
Management employees and sub-contractors.
- Maintain and coordinate a schedule of required
- Monitor the Facilities Management work order database daily,
and assign skilled trades work orders to appropriate members of the
- Administer safety programs and compliance training for
Facilities Management Staff
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations
and codes such as OSHA, etc.
- Assists the Executive Director with long-term planning for
- Assists with planning and prioritization for future staffing
and equipment needs.
- Performs other duties and participates in special projects as
required and/or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, Master’s preferred.
- Strong organizational ability.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of building trades.
- Ability to pass a criminal background screening.
- Team-oriented with a strong focus on results.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and design
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Engineering background or experience.
- Experience with computer-aided design software such as AutoCAD
or similar software packages.
Employee is subject to mostly indoor work, protected from weather
conditions. Work is typically sedentary in nature and involves
exerting up to 25 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible
amount of force frequently/constantly in order to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move object. Occasionally is required to
climb ladders or access roofs.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please be aware that as a continued emphasis on keeping our
community safe and healthy, we will require all faculty, staff, and
students to submit verification of full vaccination for COVID
Please provide 3 references, including name, phone number and
email. This may be included in applicant’s cover letter or optional
Elmhurst University is a leading institution of higher education
that seamlessly blends liberal learning and professional
preparation to help students reach their full potential. Elmhurst
University offers more than 70 undergraduate majors, 15 graduate
programs, degree-completion programs for busy adults, and the
acclaimed Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy for young adults
with developmental disabilities. Elmhurst University is one of the
Top 10 Colleges in the Midwest, according to U.S. News & World
Report; and U.S. News, Money and Forbes magazines consistently rank
Elmhurst as one of the Midwest’s best values in higher
Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a critical
component of the University’s mission, vision and core values. Our
commitment stems from the belief that an institution of higher
learning is enriched by the presence of diversity. Elmhurst
University is an EO Employer. Elmhurst University prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal
employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard
to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status,
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Direct Link to this Posting