Clinical Asst. Professor & Research Coordinator, PA
Florham Campus, Madison, NJ
School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences-Florham
Hiring Manager Title:
Commensurate with Experience
: Permanent, Full-Time (32 hours/week at
Program and 8hours/week for Clinical Practice/Research)
: Reports to the Director of the
PA Program (A2.10)
Coordinate the Research Components of the Didactic, Clinical, and
Advanced Clinical Phase of the PA Program.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Responsible for the coordination and supervision of student
2. Participates in the processes of designing, implementing,
coordinating and evaluating (A2.05g) preparing the syllabi and
learning objective for all research courses.
3. Provides analysis of course for appropriateness of structure,
sequence, and content.
4. Schedules classes and research meetings in a sequenced, building
5. Responsible as course coordinator for workload equivalent of two
courses per semester (A2.05c).
6. Prepares and/or reviews student performance (A2.05d).
7. Monitors student progress, meets with students and assures
appropriate interventions, when required.
8. Analyzes the research outcomes for review at committee meetings
and by the Program Director.
9. Provides analysis of student evaluations of research work.
10. Participates in the process of selecting applicants for
admission to the PA Program (A2.05b).
11. Participates in clinical site visits, as assigned.
12. Actively participates in the remediation process of students,
when required (A2.05f).
13. Serves as a faculty advisor for PA students (A2.05e).
14. Attends and participates in PA committee meetings, program
actives, and campus events.
15. Actively participates in the process of developing, reviewing
and revising (as necessary) the mission statement (A2.05a) and
goals of the program.
16. Serves as Chair of a Committee, developing agenda, and
preparing minutes, and outcome reports.
17. Contributes to ongoing self-study process evaluation of the
program (A2.05h) and formal reports to ARC -PA.
18. Participates as a faculty leader in service learning events
(Ex: Medical Education/Mission Trips)
19. Attends professional conferences representing the PA Program
and the University.
Minimum 5 years clinical and/or teaching
Minimum 2 years experience in medical/clinical research
Graduate of an ARC -PA accredited PA
Masters degree (MS, MPA, MPH )
Doctoral degree (preferred)
Licensed as a PA
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS :
1 day a week dedicated to Clinical Practice or Research.
Available weekends for campus events (EX: Open House Days)
Available evenings for program events (EX: Research Forums)
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing
the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application Types Accepted:
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
- Research Statement