Term of Assignment:
Term End Date, If Applicable:
Exempt = not eligible for overtime
Less than 10%
Brief Statement of Duties
Brief Statement of Duties:
This position covers teaching and service responsibilities
appropriate for the rank of Assistant Professor. The assignment
will include teaching a range of courses selected from human
anatomy and physiology, introductory biology, leading the
pre-veterinary program, establishing an active research program,
and supervising MS thesis research in the graduate program. This is
a campus-based position.
Doctorate or equivalent terminal degree
Discipline / Degree Area:
Physiology, Anatomy, or a related field.
Required Specialized Training/Certifications:
PhD in physiology, anatomy, or a related field
Required Minimum Work Experience:
ABD in Physiology, Anatomy, or a related field accepted if degree
has been completed prior to start date for position.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, or Attributes Required for
Satisfactory Performance of the Position Duties:
• Demonstrated teaching experience, particularly teaching courses
in one or more of the following areas: human and animal physiology
and anatomy, introductory biology.
• Record of research productivity, as demonstrated through
publications, professional presentations, and grants.
• Commitment to establishing an active research program with
undergraduate and graduate students.
• Ability to incorporate active learning strategies.
• Ability to develop and deliver curriculum and assess student
• Motivation to participate in General Education Assessment and
Assessment of Learning for courses taught.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Commitment to fostering academic success in underserved
Additional Desirable Qualifications
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• Willingness and ability to lead our pre-veterinary medicine
• Willingness and ability to participate in departmental committee
• Willingness and ability to work interdepartmentally.
• Experience with research and teaching in a comprehensive
• Experience in research mentorship appropriate to career
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicant materials will include the faculty application, cover
letter, CV, statement of teaching philosophy, statement of proposed
research, diversity statement and unofficial transcripts.
Neil Cumberlidge, Chair email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity:
NMU is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of
protected veterans and individuals with disabilities, and is
strongly committed to increasing the diversity of its
Advertised: Dec 10 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Feb 07 2022 Eastern Standard Time