STUDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES ASSISTANT II
Number of Vacancies:
Scope of Job:
To perform standard financial aid duties and provide responsible
assistance and specialized skills in the administration of student
financial aid, and to serve as an advisor to student aid
recipients. Responsible for interpreting rules, regulations,
procedures and policies to students, parents, and outside
Description of Duties:
- Gives advice to students regarding their financial aid options
and responsibilities within the programs available in the Financial
Aid Office and other related offices.
- Assists students in the completion of financial aid
applications and in processing appeals.
- Advises students regarding their financial aid options and
responsibilities within the programs available in the Financial Aid
Office and other related offices.
- Maintains knowledge of regulations, eligibility, and
documentation requirements concerning financial aid.
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding Financial Aid forms,
records, policies, and procedures.
- Reviews and analyzes financial aid documentation for
completeness and accuracy.
- Conducts evaluations or analysis of a wide variety of financial
aid related student record matters.
- Prepares and organizes financial aid informational
material/forms needed to complete student requirements.
- Maintains general knowledge of multiple financial aid
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality on all sensitive
information this position is privy to.
- Assists in reviewing student financial aid applications and
determining eligibility based on federal and state
- Provides assistance with activities pertaining to financial aid
- Performs general clerical activities and provides support in
relation to financial aid services.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Solves complex customer inquiries.
- Trains other student financial aid assistant and work-study
- Other duties as assigned.
Direct supervision from the assigned supervisor.
May supervise assigned staff.
High school diploma or equivalent. Education can be substituted for
experience on a 1-on-1 basis.
Some College credit.
• Two (2) years of experience in student financial aid or
• Three (3) years of office assistance or customer service
Knowledge of use of personal computer. Standard office
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Usual
Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills as well as
customer service skills and be detail oriented. Ability to
multi-task and respond effectively in a variety of situations and
work effectively in team situations.
Commensurate with experience
Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date:
Grant Funded Position:
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to
promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all
individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex,
age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In
accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights
act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972,
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is
committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures
non-discrimination in its education programs and activities,
including employment. We encourage women, minorities and
differently abled persons to apply for employment positions of
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Dear Applicant, Human Resources will not be held responsible for
redacting any confidential information from the documents you
attach with your application. The confidential information includes
the following: *Date of Birth *Gender *Ethnicity/Race Please make
sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are
advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application
to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas
Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting
applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after
meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days. If you
have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu
detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is
subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background
check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval
from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/31888