Senior HR Generalist, HRIS
POSITION TITLE: Senior HR Generalist, HRIS
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
DIVISION: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Director, Human Resources
PLACEMENT: Professional, S11
MINIMUM PAY RATE: $66,897
The Senior HR Generalist is a credible activist that provides
strategic guidance, advice and leadership on all human resource
related activities, in support of and aligned with the College’s
strategic and operational priorities. The Senior HR Generalist will
provide services to the College in the areas of talent management,
onboarding, employee relations and retention, performance
management, diversity initiatives, learning & development,
policy interpretation and human resources information systems
(HRIS). The emphasis for the Senior HR Generalist - HRIS, includes
ERP (ie: Workday) security, business processes, reporting, data
integrity, training, and communications and responsibilities
related to labor relations and contractual compliance, and
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Proactively partners and collaborates with employees on best
approaches, practices, policy and procedure to create and sustain a
high performing workforce.
- Keenly assess systemic and ongoing human resource programing
and institutional structures through the lens of diversity, equity,
inclusion and social justice to sustain a culture of
- Provide best practice and specialized research to intentionally
transform the support and effectiveness of the college's HRIS/ERP
system leveraging efficiencies and business processes related to
compensation & benefits, talent acquisition, performance
management, learning and development and employee engagement
- Contribute to the college strategy by utilizing sound judgment
and reporting to inform decision making that supports the building
of organizational talent and workforce readiness.
- Actively partner with managers, staff, and bargaining unit
representatives to address a variety of workplace issues and
function as a subject matter expert for administrative practices.
Oversee contractual related compliance items, as they relate to HR
and the HRIS.
- Develop ongoing communication and relationships to allow for
proactive planning and partnership.
- Drive efforts to optimize HRIS system functionality including,
but not limited to, increased efficiencies, automation,
configuration, analytics, training & documentation in the
College’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, Workday.
- Establish, lead, or implement HR initiatives in alignment with
strategic goals and objectives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Demonstrate emotionally intelligent leadership; supporting a
climate of teamwork, accountability and collaboration with direct
reports and team.
- Engage in activities to increase JJC employment brand awareness
and maintain presence at community events to increase diversity in
applicant pools and ensure the equitable treatment of all
applicants and employees.
- Responsible for designated annual budget areas.
- Negotiates vendor contract renewals and agreements.
- Ensures procurement of services is compliant with College
policies and procedures.
- Creates and delivers training and presentations to diverse
audiences and backgrounds.
- Monitor compliance. Ensures all documents are appropriately
processed, ensuring confidentiality at all times.
- Process and analyze reports on various types of employee data
(EEO and diversity initiatives including the preparation of
reports; analyze headcount, turnover, recruitment trends, and other
- Coordinate across stakeholders, providing timely and concise
communications regarding status of services/projects and pending
- Educate, mentor and train HR staff and employees on processes
and professional practices related to employment, general HR
administration and utilizing HR systems.
- Remain professionally and technically current on all regulatory
and compliance related statues, trends, and developments relative
to successful execution and performance of the function and
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or business-related
- 5 years of professional experience in HR with a demonstrated
proficiency in 2 or more areas of human resources management
including but not limited to compensation benefits, employment,
employee relations, rewards & recognition, labor relations,
talent acquisition, organizational development, employment law,
DEI, HRIS, and learning & development.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS applications and
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; attention to
details skills to interact with HR constituents, cross-functional
colleagues and IT.
- Ability to accurately collect information in order to
understand and assess the clients' needs and situation.
- Advanced knowledge of employment law and HR policies and
practices; local and state laws and regulations; financial/business
- Demonstrated ability to partner with direct reports and all
levels of the organization to deliver transformative organizational
human resources support and services in alignment with the mission,
vision and values of the College.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective
working relationships with other members of the college and
community, displaying cultural competence as well as emotional
- SHRM – PHR or SPHR Certification or similar.
- Workday HCM experience or training preferred.
- Experience with change and project management.
- Experience with HR technology/systems related to performance
management, applicant tracking and learning management.
- Demonstrated experience in higher education and administration
of bargaining unit policies and procedures.
- Experience relative to the coaching, development, and
supervision of direct reports.
- English and Spanish verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated multicultural competence.
- Normal office physical demands.
- Ability to travel between campus locations and to and from
- Ability to travel in state and nationally.
Full Time/Part Time:
- Duties are performed indoors in the usual office and/or outdoor
Union (If Applicable):
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.