- Master’s Degree in Student Personnel, Higher Education
Administration, Counseling, or a related field required.
- 1-3 years' experience working in residence life or housing
- Appreciation for all forms of diversity and a willingness to
work with students and staff to create an environment that fosters
respect, appreciation and values the contributions of all members
of the community.
- The ability to collaborate with personnel in public safety,
academic departments, and other University offices in order to meet
the needs of residential students.
- Strong communication skills and ability to motivate
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes evening,
weekend and “on call” assignments.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, Canvas and StarRez
The Housing Operations Coordinator is a full-time, live-on,
professional staff member who serves as a member of the Residential
Life Housing Operations staff. This position responsible for
supporting the University's housing operations program on the East
Falls campus. The Housing Operations Coordinator is responsible for
managing housing and meal plan operations utilizing the StarRez
housing software and assisting with the housing operations of all
residence halls. This position has direct contact with students,
and families and aids to all visitors in the main office. This
position participates in the on-call duty rotation for campus
crisis and emergency response. The Housing Operations Coordinator
is supervised by the Associate Director of Housing Operations.
- Assists with housing assignments for entering, transferring,
and returning students and CCure swipe access.
- Assists with the management of the meal plan program for East
Fall’s residential and off campus students.
- Collaborates with the Associate Director for Housing Operations
to coordinate hall openings/closings, housing selection and first
- Creates and manages the roommate matching and selection
- Have a working knowledge of the StarRez software system and
participate in on-going training.
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns to support housing
- Serve as a Community Standards Officer for students referred to
the Community Standards process for Residential Facilities policies
and Community Standards violations. Adjudicate cases of student
behavioral misconduct in consultation with the Assistant
Dean/Director of Residential Life and Community Standards.
- Assist in the processing of room change requests, early
arrival, break housing and wait-listed students in a timely
- Manages all phone calls that come to the Office of Residential
Life including parent and student concerns.
- Manages the Office of Residential Life email box, including
responding, forwarding, and escalating email communications as
- Manage marketing and distribution of fundraising efforts: SWAK,
OCM and Microfridge.
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise Office Assistant staff.
- Manages all Office of Residential Life correspondence.
- Work with RAs, Public Safety Officers, Counseling Services
staff, and the Residential Life Management Team to respond to
crisis situations in accordance with departmental and institution
emergency procedures; serve in an on-call rotation for all area
residence halls and apartments on a scheduled basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicant to apply
through Jefferson Careers – attach resume and Cover
Job Opening ID 9255071
Additional questions direct to email: Minisica.Hart@jefferson.edu