- The History and Social Sciences department at Middlesex College
invites applications for part-time Adjunct Faculty Members to teach
the theory and practice of professional rescuer CPR and basic first
aid skills during the 2021-2022 Academic Year.
Topics covered include accident and disease prevention, body
systems, respiratory and cardiac emergencies, and sudden illnesses.
The basic components of this course are the ability to recognize
serious medical emergencies and determine the appropriate course of
action. American Red Cross certifications(s) will be presented to
- Bachelor’s degree in the subject or a related discipline
- Red Cross Certification: First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor
- Experience teaching adult learners
- Subject matter expertise
Please indicate day, evening, and/or Saturday availability and
upload your Red Cross Certification card in your application.
- Available to teach between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00
- Experience teaching in a remote environment
- Familiarity with Canvas
- Experience teaching in higher education
Note that the rate of pay is determined by the collective
Please be aware that this is an adjunct pool position. Your
completed application will enable hiring officials to contact you
at some point in the future if and when a hiring need arises for a