Tenure-track acting and performance studies position in the
Theatre & Dance program of The George Washington University’s
Corcoran School of the Arts & Design in Washington, DC.
Now accepting applications for a tenure-track Assistant
Professor of Theatre to teach acting (intro level or
higher) and advanced classes in BIPOC, Global,
Diasporic, and/or Intersectional
performance. The Corcoran/GW
Theatre BA degree places a high emphasis on both practice and
studies, as well as interdisciplinary connections across the
Corcoran School of the Arts
& Design and the Columbian College of the Arts and
- Developing and teaching courses in the applicant’s area of
expertise, including BIPOC, Global, Diasporic, and/or
Intersectional performance practice or theory.
- Teaching in the current curriculum (acting, performance
- Directing up to one show per year in the undergraduate
Applicants must have at the time of application
- A terminal degree (MFA or PhD) in theatre or a related field OR
equivalent professional experience.
- Experience teaching.
- Experience as a theatre practitioner.
To apply and for more information, see the official job
post at https://www.gwu.jobs/postings/88945
For questions about the process or position, please contact the
chair of the search committee at MattWilson@gwu.edu