Located along Florida’s I-4 High Tech Corridor, Florida Poly opened
its doors in August 2014 as the state’s 12th university and the
only one dedicated to core subjects in Science, Technology,
Engineering and Mathematics (STEM education). The non-traditional
academic environment focuses on applied learning, specifically in
technology and engineering. Small class sizes give faculty the
opportunity to work closely with high-caliber students, and the
most advanced technology, including a Supercomputer, 3D printing
lab, media lab and nanotechnology lab, sets Florida Poly apart from
other state universities. Florida Poly’s innovative approach to
higher education allows students to learn strong fundamentals
within a traditional university department structure, while giving
them opportunities to apply their learning through research and
projects in emerging high-tech concentrations like Cyber Security,
Big Data Analytics, Machine Intelligence and more. The University
partners closely with industry leading firms, and faculty members
are rewarded for more than just publishing. Industry involvement,
problem solving, and the commercialization of technology and
research through start-ups and small businesses are
Institutional Research Analyst (OPS)
Job Description Summary
Florida’s only public university exclusively teaching science,
technology, engineering, and math (STEM) is looking for exceptional
candidates to serve as an Institutional Research Analyst (OPS).
This position is full-time, temporary.
Institutional Research Analyst (IRA) will conduct analyses to
support University and Academic Affairs planning, evaluation,
effectiveness, and reporting. The IRA will extract, analyze,
visualize, and describe a variety of institutional data to support
internal reporting, use dashboard and visualization tools to
support the presentation of large-scale survey data and other
analyses, and coordinate, monitor, and support all institutional
and educational assessment activities. The analyst will bring to
their work: experience in research and reporting, statistical
analysis, research methods, and working with databases; an ability
to report findings succinctly using relevant tools and media;
experience with assessment of student learning/educational
effectiveness and institutional progress.
The Institutional Research Analyst will
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Apply analytical and problem-solving skills to research and
- Apply technical/programming skills to extract, analyze, and
explore data from primary systems.
- Conduct needs assessment and perform stakeholder and end-user
- Contribute to or propose analytic reports to answer strategic,
tactical, structured, or unstructured business questions
- Prepare deliverables, such as dashboards, interactive
worksheets/workbooks, and/or reports using appropriate tools.
- Create, maintain, and manage documentation, including in the
university’s data dictionary, as needed
- Develop or deepen knowledge and skills with campus data
resources, with new technical or procedural advancements, and in
the field of IR and higher education.
- Create and maintain documentation for institutional research
- Assist in the monitoring of the overall integrity of data,
complying with state and federal requirements and has a firm
conviction to uphold data integrity, correct data discrepancies
- Collaborate with colleagues to facilitate project completion
and progress toward IR goals.
- Develop productive and collegial working relationships within
team and broadly with diverse groups of people across campus
- Perform other related tasks as required
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and organize data to derive
meaningful insights, including the ability to communicate clearly
verbally and in written, numerical, and graphical forms.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to interpret
and respond to stakeholder and end-user requests and needs.
- Ability to work as part of a team and develop productive
working relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills that
demonstrate the ability to present and communicate complex data,
methods, technical information, problems, and alternative solutions
to a broad range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- A high level of accuracy, extraordinary attention to details,
solid proofreading skills, ability to multi-task and adhere to
deadlines, and adherence to ethical and legal standards in
- Experience using database software and/or statistical
- Knowledge of research methods suitable to academic
- Familiarity with Tableau / Microsoft BI (or similar
visualization software) strongly desired
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills including critical
- Demonstrated intermediate skills with Microsoft Excel
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills including
- Attention to detail and strong time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience or equivalent
professional experience including advanced education.
- Experience with SQL, SAS, or similar programming language to
extract and explore data from primary systems.
- Knowledge and proficiency with relational database systems and
Master’s degree in data science, analytics, educational
measurement, or related field, and
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC
REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- Experience in institutional research, functional data area
(e.g., registrar, admissions, finance, HR), or other higher
education analysis and reporting entity.
- Experience with data reporting and/or visualization tools such
as Tableau, Microsoft BI, etc.
- Experience analyzing, summarizing, and communicating data and
results in verbal, written, numerical, and graphical forms
- Previous experience in report development, user support, and
training or teaching others.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check, which may
include a Level II screening as required by Florida Statute
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy
This position is full-time, hourly
(non-exempt), temporary (OPS). The normal work schedule is Monday –
Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., however, occasional overtime (weekends
and evenings) may be required.
TARGET HIRING SALARY
: $24.00/hr. - $27.00/hr., commensurate
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE
: The position is open until
filled, however review of applications will commence
: In addition to completing the online
application, all Applicants are required to upload the following as
an attachment to the application (preferably in PDF format):
• Cover Letter
Florida Polytechnic University is an equal opportunity/equal access
institution. It is the policy of the Board of Trustees to provide
equal opportunity for employment and educational opportunities to
all (including applicants for employment, employees, applicants for
admission, students, and others affiliated with the University)
without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex,
religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status,
veteran status or genetic information.
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be
sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before
continuing through the application.
Once your application
has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional
attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during
the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the
official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States
require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript
evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an
accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached
with the application and submitted by the application
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of
the job announcements.
This position requires a background check, which may include
a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute