Pace University, located in New York City, is
ranked the #1 private, four-year college in the nation for upward
economic mobility by Harvard University’s Opportunity Insights,
evidence of the transformative education the University provides.
To continue our impressive growth our College of Health Professions
(CHP) is seeking a Director, Marketing and Communications.
This is a key position that is responsible for planning,
developing, and managing the production of all communications on
behalf of the CHP, in collaboration with the internal and external
communications efforts of Pace’s departments of Marketing and
Communication, University Relations, Enrollment Management, Public
Information, Development, and Alumni Relations. Essential to
communications is the integration of social networking and
regularly updating the CHP website.
The CHP is a growing and thriving school of 1800+ students in
the following programs: Baccalaureate, Master’s, Doctoral Nursing;
Baccalaureate in Health Science, Master’s in Physician Assistant
(NYC and PLV), Master’s in Communications Sciences and Disorders,
Master’s in Nutrition and Dietetics, and Master’s in Occupational
Therapy. Additional new programs will be launched over the next 3-5
- Design communication/public relations strategic plan to
articulate the vision and mission of CHP with a focus on
communications related to marketing, enrollment, external relations
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to increase CHP’s visibility
on all levels, local, regional, national and international.
- Prepare materials for internal and external presentations by
the Dean (which include power points, speeches, videos, etc.).
- Develop and oversee Social Networking Resources for CHP
Students, Prospective Students, Faculty, Alumni/ae, and Staff.
- Maximize the impact of the CHP Website and update regularly to
highlight student and faculty accomplishments, promote student and
CHP events and maintain academic content.
- Coordinate in-house marketing efforts.
- Develop, plan, implement and evaluate a CHP e-newsletter and
research newsletter every Fall and Spring.
- Prepare copy and photos for University publications on an
ongoing basis including the Pace Pulse, Opportunitas, the Pace
Magazine, eConnect, and the Pace Annual Report.
- Collaborate with Media Relations to profile Graduation
- Work with Alumni Relations to develop, plan, implement, and
evaluate alumni communications on a routinely scheduled basis to
ensure the promotion of exceptional CHP graduates.
- Assist on all recruitment-related publications including
catalogs, lead pieces, viewbooks, posters, brochures, and
- Support faculty and staff recruitment efforts by coordinating
advertising in media outlets.
- Work closely with Development to prepare materials to support
- Working closely in cooperation with University Relations,
prepare press releases as needed.
- Develop a public relations network and maintain a database of
media outlets with key contact names and information for local,
regional, and national level press releases and publicity
opportunities. Actively seek out public relations opportunities.
Identify faculty experts and coordinate response to media
- Monitor all communications for media inclusion of CHP.
- Develop and maintain a budget for publications, promotional
items, and recruitment ads.
- Market research to demonstrate the efficacy of targeted
campaigns and initiatives.
- Master’s degree in Communications/Marketing or related field
preferred (Bachelor’s considered, based on experience)
- At least 3-5 years of progressive experience in writing,
editing, marketing, journalism, and/or public relations as well as
- Experience in business applications with social networking
sites is essential. Thorough working knowledge of marketing and
public relations is required.
- Additional experience with communications related to external
relations and/or development is preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill in order to
effectively communicate with a wide range of constituents
- A self-starter with excellent organizational skills including
the ability to multitask, deliver expected outcomes on time and
within budget, establish timelines, set priorities, and delegate as
- Familiarity with Excel is essential; working knowledge of
Please apply at: https://careers.pace.edu/postings/20432
About Pace University
Ranked in the top 9% of private US colleges that provide the
best return on tuition investment, Pace University transforms the
lives of its diverse students—academically, professionally, and
socioeconomically. Currently, the University enrolls more than
13,000 students in more than 150 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral
programs. Pace University is at the forefront of creating
opportunity. Through the convergence of strong academics,
experiential learning, and dedicated advising, Pace University
empowers its students and positively impacts its
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action
employer. Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with
disabilities, and people of all gender identities are encouraged to
Annual Security Report
Pace is committed to ensuring the safety and security of the
students, faculty, staff and visitors to the University. In
compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University’s Safety and
Security department publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety
Report. The report contains information on security policies as
well as crime and fire statistics for the University.