THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO CURRENT XAVIER EMPLOYEES (Including
Temporary Employees) ONLY
Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic
tradition of academic excellence in the liberal arts and is
strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity.
These values are central to our mission
. We strive
for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and
supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is
committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately
seeks out multiple perspectives.
The Administrative Assistant III (AAIII) will serve as the primary
administrative assistant for the Office of Physical Plant. The
position involves day-to-day office management, including
corresponding with University executives, other
offices/departments, and external constituencies, as well as
identifying and resolving issues that may arise within the Office
of Physical Plant. Other duties include the management of databases
that contain Physical Plant archives, support for search
committees, budget management, meeting management, and event
management. The position will report directly to the Vice
Specific duties include:
- Administrative support for the Vice President, Facilities
- Administrative support for the Director, Construction.
- Administrative support for the Director, Plant Operations.
- Administrative support for the Director, Facilities Strategy
- Administrative support for the Project Architect.
- Office management.
- Database management.
- Appointment/meeting scheduling.
- Budget management and reporting, including purchasing of office
- Assist with web-based changes.
- Travel arrangements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school education and 5-10 years administrative
- Demonstrated proficiency in all Office software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects.
- Ability to coordinate events.
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Strong database management capabilities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience in records management.
- Experience in facility management.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without
discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must
submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information
of three professional references on Xavier University's website by
January 3, 2022
. Candidates are asked to include their
cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute
to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion. Please indicate
that you are currently an employee of Xavier, including your title
and years of experience.
Xavier University will require all employees to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 3, 2022. Newly hired
employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19
vaccination upon on-boarding. Vaccine exemptions may be granted for
medical or religious reasons.
External applicants will not be considered for this