The mission of The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
is the development of professional health care practitioners
through innovation, individualized, and quality classroom,
clinical, and distance education.
The Simulation Technician serves as a technical support member
within the Centers for Innovative Clinical Practice (CICPs) who is
able to set up, operate, maintain, troubleshoot technical equipment
used in clinical activities, and AV/IT equipment used in simulation
activities. The Simulation Technician may act as a standardized
patient in virtual telehealth simulations, and for multimedia
events requiring a standardized patient. The Simulation Technician
also assists the Clinical Simulation Specialists in all CICP
operational activities such as staff and maintenance scheduling,
standardized patient coordination and training, lab utilization
scheduling, simulation multimedia production, inventory/purchasing
functions, and other CICP events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Operate simulation equipment, RingCentral for virtual
simulations, task trainers, computerized simulators, and virtual
reality procedural trainers with the ability to follow scenarios,
and make appropriate adjustments to technology systems
independently under the supervision of the Clinical Simulation
• Operate simulation-related audio-video recording systems.
• Assists Clinical Simulation Specialist with recording and
streaming, as well as media development for virtual
• Set up and operate equipment/AV system in rooms including
equipment, supplies, moulage, etc. for simulation activities.
• Schedule and assist in training standardized patients.
• Acts as a standardized patient when needed.
• Supports learners to maintain a safe learning environment.
• Possess a high degree of professionalism with high-level
interpersonal skills for collaboration with clinicians and staff at
• Track and report capital equipment and supply usage to
appropriate CICP staff.
• Report faculty and student issues/concerns to appropriate CICP
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• In view of the evolving needs and opportunities, this position
may be required to perform other duties as assigned and reporting
relationships may vary.
Travel is not required
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
REPORTS TO: Clinical Simulation Specialist
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
• Must be proficient with hardware such as PC and Mac computers,
video cameras and microphones
• Must be able to learn new technical systems quickly
• Must engage with others in a collaborative and caring
• Must be flexible in work schedule, as experiments may be
scheduled during evenings and weekends
• Must be highly organized, detail-oriented and have strong verbal
and written communication skills
• Must be able to master proprietary software quickly
• Must be able to perform mechanical, electrical and heavy lifting
• Must understand and abide by proper lab procedures that are
essential to the safety of students and faculty
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Experience in IT support environment
• Experience with Microsoft Windows
• Experience with audio/visual systems
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal
opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of age, race,
religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national