Dean, Maxwell Becton College of Arts and Sciences-Florham &
Florham Campus, Madison, NJ
Becton College Dean`s Office-Florham
Hiring Manager Title:
PhD, AGB Search
Commensurate with Experience
The Dean, Maxwell Becton College of Arts and Sciences shall serve
as College’s academic leader and chief administrator responsible
for all faculty status, curricular and academic advising functions.
The Dean shall strive to promote a culture of openness,
supportiveness, trust, innovation, accountability, and
collaboration. In keeping with the University’s mission. The Dean
will work through various constituencies to foster global relations
for the program, as well as serve as an advocate for the profession
with political, public health and government leaders. This position
reports to the University Provost and Senior Vice President for
Academic Affairs. The incumbent will receive academic rank as
1. Ph.D. in a liberal arts or sciences discipline required.
2. A minimum of six years teaching experience in a tenured
3. A minimum of five years of academic administrative experience at
the level of department chair or above.
4. A proven record of developing healthy working relationships with
external constituencies, especially related to fundraising,
5. Must be strongly committed to implementing the University and
College mission of being a provider of a high-quality education and
a learning experience that is flavored with diversity and the
appreciation for a world vision.
6. Demonstrated superior leadership skills.
7. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
8. Must be a zealous advocate for the welfare of the College’s
faculty, staff and students.
9. Must be a dynamic, energetic leader with a passion to innovate
and excel and with the ability to inspire high levels of creative
and collaborative performance.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please review The AGB Search Firm Profile for the Dean, Maxwell
Becton College of Arts and Sciences at
Application Types Accepted:
Application for Employment
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document