The Alumni Social Media will be monitoring, maintaining and
responding to all aspects of social media for the Alumni Relations
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Propose new ideas and concepts for social media content.
- Manage social media channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn,
Twitter, and other relevant platforms.
- Manage social media communications.
- Create, edit, and publish dynamic written, graphic, and video
content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience
presence, and encourages audience participation.
- Create and implement social media marketing plan and editorial
- Uses timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent
stream of new content for audience interaction while analyzing,
managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize
- Track and analyze audience information, traffic, and
demographics, and report success of social media projects.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
- One year of professional full-time experience in graphic
design, marketing, public relations, or communications.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience,
and/or certifications may be considered.
- Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher and
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an
appropriate area of specialization.
- Experience in graphic design, marketing, public relations, or
communications in a higher education setting.
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, or other software
used for graphic design and/or multimedia production.
- Knowledge of marketing principles, including promotion and
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination
techniques and methods, including alternative ways to inform and
entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and
complete simultaneous projects within deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and
independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet close deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and
perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse
demands are involved.
- Ability to think critically and creatively, have a high
standard of integrity, and be motivated to incorporate best
practices into the organizational structure.
- Ability to operate personal computers with proficiency and
learn new applications and systems.
All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University
goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and
procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and
follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse
population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of
the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with
others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and
processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.