SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary Range: $6,249.00/month to $12,100.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that
includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457,
403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life
insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal
holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please
ABOUT CAL STATE EAST BAY:
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the
Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay
shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an
ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the
many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in
Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a
significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is
one of 23 universities of the California State University system
(CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay
is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented
university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student
success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This is a full-time lead position, which provides technical
leadership in the support of the campus learning management system,
databases, portals, and its integration with all third party tools,
dashboard, and systems. This position is responsible for the
support, design, development, implementation, programming,
delivery, and maintenance of resources used for primary front-end
and back-end tools and functions. This position is also responsible
for managing or generating the learning ecosystem related
feed-files, database and necessary programming for required
dashboard, portal, automation of workflow, and/or reports.
The individual sought for this position will take the lead
responsibility for all learning systems administration and both
front-end and back-end technical and functional support.
- Proactively identify problems, develop, maintain and operate
various technologies used in the delivery of instructional programs
- Identify root causes, solve functional and technical problems,
investigate and seek solutions to complex issues, and perform
installation, maintenance of the system(s), or replacement of
various integrated tools for LMS.
- In coordination with the eLearning Specialists, system
administrators, ensure all LMS configurations, procedures, and
workflow are documented and with diagrams if necessary.
- Work with various departments and/or vendors to
program/generate/test/implement feedfiles for any learning systems
or tools. Sometimes this might be the configuration of the
middleware among systems.
- Give individual or group instruction to the user(s), or make
arrangements for instruction of software or systems.
- Support faculty technical requests at all tiers when
- Mentor system administrators to perform various technical or
functional tasks related to the teaching and learning
- Generate reports and/or create dashboards as needed to show
learning system and tools usage.
- Develop automation on processes to streamline system
- Develop program specifications, write code, and review them
with the user to ensure that requirements are met.
- Design user-friendly interfaces to systems, applications, and
- Recommend modifications to third party software to meet user
- Provide reports or dashboard when requested using various
learning system databases and additional developer tools or
- Review and improve system operations practices.
- Provide expert recommendations to Sr. Director of the Online
Campus on any system issues or improvement of the learning
- Lead the migration of the system(s) when needed.
- Provide immediate response to problems and emergency situations
affecting normal learning ecosystem operations.
- Perform tasks outside business hours is expected.
- Perform capacity, stability, and viability analysis/planning
for database, data storage and learning ecosystem performance.
- Perform system security & privacy audit.
- Develop and assign databases using database management
- Develop policies and procedures for access to all learning
systems and databases.
- Proactively review systems (all systems used by the Office of
the Online Campus) performance.
- Work closely with appropriate external vendors or departments
to ensure efficient functionality of the systems or tools.
Lead system administrators, student assistants.
- Lead system administrators and graduate/work-study
Support other office projects and related functions.
- Support other department staff members on other online teaching
and learning initiatives related tasks.
Other duties/tasks as assigned.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines.
- High level of problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of system utilities, features, installation and
maintenance procedures, and general operation.
- Basic knowledge of data and file structures, database systems
and related utilities, operating systems, and communication
- Ability to perform system, database, and network maintenance
tasks and to use standard software packages.
- Knowledge of network system configuration, protocols, and/or
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot system connection and
- General knowledge of operating systems and hardware for problem
identification and analysis.
- Knowledge of copyright laws and industry standards.
- Demonstrated ability to assist others in completing work
assignments including the ability to provide basic work direction
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems,
educational technology, communications, or related fields, or
similar certified coursework in applicable fields of
study OR Bachelor’s degree with significant work
experience as system administrator, programmer, software Developer,
system analyst, etc.
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages such as Python,
ColdFusion, C++, etc.
- Knowledge of SaaS, networking, and cloud-based infrastructure
such as AWS.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- 8+ years of extensive work experience center around the
infrastructure of Learning Management System, and programming
needed for automation or supporting of workflow in relation to the
teaching and learning processes.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Knowledge of Tableau, Snowflake, PeopleSoft, SAIP, MuleSoft,
API, Rest API, Oauth2, and/or Dell Boomi.
- Knowledge of Flask, WSGI, Docker, MongoDB, NLTK, and/or AWS
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including
LiveScan, as appropriate), that may include, but is not limited to:
criminal records check, verification of academic credentials,
licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references
and/or verification of work history is required for
employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer
of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if
the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it
is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified
information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued
employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were
conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third
party vendor, Accurate. LiveScan is conducted through the
University Police Department.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not
discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age,
ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration
status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual
orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to
the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a
stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State
East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information,
please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus
security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of
Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East
Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or
Management positions and we are not an E-Verify employer.
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated
reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act
and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the
CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
CSU VACCINATION POLICY:
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing
campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a
medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates
advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to
comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found
at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and
questions may be sent to email@example.com.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply to the position, please visit www.csueastbay.edu/jobs and
click on Faculty, Staff and Management Employment