Responsible for quality control of Monthly, Hourly and Student
Payrolls, and periodically administers Payrolls. Provides support
in annual audit and preparation of annual Income Tax Return.
Prepares Account Reconciliation.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews Monthly, Hourly and Student payrolls for completeness
and accuracy on a weekly basis .
- Periodically processes Monthly, Hourly, and Student
- Prepares compensation information as reported in annual 990
Federal Income Tax Return.
- Responsible for the 403 B audit, including preparing schedules
- Prepares various journal entries as required, including but not
limited to benefit allocations and chargebacks.
- Prepares journals and accruals for items assigned at year-end
for the annual financial audit.
- Monthly analysis and reconciliation of select general ledger
accounts including all benefit accounts.
- Works with Student Financial Services to ensure Federal Work
Study accounts are balanced.
- Act as backup for printing general accounts payable
- Participates on and contributes to various project management
- Reconcile smaller bank accounts, Development, etc.
- Prepares the quarterly 941 reports, and W2.
- Manages the tuition remission taxation process.
- Manages the unclaimed property process.
- Performs G5 downloading and generating Financial
- Maintain IL unemployment and sales tax reporting and
- FWS balancing and reporting
- Allocate Faculty salaries and employee benefits.
- Performs Workers Comp audit.
- Assists Controller as needed.
- Work on a team to improve the stipend process and time keeping
system ( TCP ) administration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or business.
- Working knowledge of accounting and payroll practices.
- Reconciliation and analysis skills.
- Ability to maintain a high-level of confidentiality.
- Spreadsheet, word-processing, and database experience.
Employee is subject to indoor work, protected from weather
conditions. Work is sedentary in nature and involves exerting up to
10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force
frequently/constantly in order to lift, carry, push, pull or
otherwise move objects.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please be aware that as a continued emphasis on keeping our
community safe and healthy, we will require all faculty, staff, and
students to submit verification of full vaccination for COVID
Please provide 3 references, including name, phone number and
email. This may be included in applicant’s cover letter or optional
Elmhurst University is a leading institution of higher education
that seamlessly blends liberal learning and professional
preparation to help students reach their full potential. Elmhurst
University offers more than 70 undergraduate majors, 15 graduate
programs, degree-completion programs for busy adults, and the
acclaimed Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy for young adults
with developmental disabilities. Elmhurst University is one of the
Top 10 Colleges in the Midwest, according to U.S. News & World
Report; and U.S. News, Money and Forbes magazines consistently rank
Elmhurst as one of the Midwest’s best values in higher
Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a critical
component of the University’s mission, vision and core values. Our
commitment stems from the belief that an institution of higher
learning is enriched by the presence of diversity. Elmhurst
University is an EO Employer. Elmhurst University prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal
employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard
to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status,
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Direct Link to this Posting