Posting Details (Default Section)
Assistant Athletic Trainer--Metro
Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ
Hiring Manager Title:
Deputy Director of Athletics
Commensurate with Experience
Under the direction of the Head Team Physician and the Assistant
Athletic Director for Sports Medicine, plans and implements an
approved program for athletic training, applicable to the
intercollegiate athletics program at the Metropolitan Campus,
designed to provide prevention, care and rehabilitation of athletic
injuries. Advises student-athletes on the prevention and care of
athletic injuries. Provides Athletic Trainer coverage at athletic
activities. Assures appropriate maintenance of equipment and
supplies assigned to the athletic training program; maintains
records on examination and physical condition of
1. Baccalaureate degree with relevant courses in anatomy, physical
education, health or related topics.
2. Certification by the National Athletic Trainers Association and
N.J. State (Athletic Trainer License) prior to the first day of
3. Strong communication, interpersonal and decision-making
4. Must have First Aid and CPR – professional rescuer certification
prior to the first day of employment. American Red Cross or
American Heart Association certification preferred.
5. Must be able to work flexible hours as required including
evenings and weekends.
6. Ability to lift <25 lbs.
7. Valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record in
accordance with the university’s Motor Vehicle Policy. A MVC check
will be required at the time of hire and thereafter as deemed
appropriate by the university. Candidates for hire will be required
to sign a waiver authorizing the MVC check.
8. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing
the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application Types Accepted:
Application for Employment
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter