Posting Detail Information
Adjunct Faculty, Librarian
Internal Position Title
Library,Testing & Acad. Success
The College of Lake County is seeking an Adjunct Faculty Librarian
to provide library reference and instruction for students and
collaborate with faculty.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Studies from an ALA
- Recent relevant coursework or work experience.
- Ability to work at all campus locations (Grayslake, Vernon
Hills, Waukegan, Online).
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
This posting will be used to obtain a pool of qualified candidates.
As teaching needs arise, applications will be reviewed for possible
interviews. The number of adjunct faculty hired varies from
semester to semester, depending upon the needs of the department.
Adjunct faculty hires and assignments are coordinated by the
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis. Your application
can remain under consideration the academic year. You may check
your status at any time by logging into firstname.lastname@example.org with
your username and password. Thanks for being patient with the
adjunct faculty hiring process.
Per faculty contract.
Total Hours per week
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Software Testing Required
Interview Process Requirements
Summary of Essential Functions
- Understands reference as a teaching space in which to work one on
one with students.
- Demonstrates expertise and uses probing questions to effectively
conduct the reference interview.
- Guides students through critical thinking, reflection and
- Conducts, as assigned, one on one appointments in an online
environment employing a creative teaching style that honors the
varied cultural background of our students.
- Promotes awareness of library resources and services to students
- Demonstrates knowledge and competence with online tools such as
LibGuides and LibAnswers.
- Exhibits exceptional customer service skills.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master’s degree or higher in Library and
Information Science from an ALA accredited institution?
- * Do you have the ability to work at campus locations
(Grayslake, Vernon Hills, Waukegan, Online)?
- * Do you have recent relevant coursework or work experience?
- * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Availability Schedule
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3