Part -Time Library Assistant (Circulation)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Auburn University at Montgomery Library seeks an enthusiastic and
customer-service focused individual to provide part-time night and
weekend library coverage in their Access Services department. This
individual will be primarily responsible for providing coverage at
the circulation desk along with managing student workers on
assigned nights and weekends. Successful applicants will be
self-motivated, able to work independently, and be highly skilled
in customer service.
The Library Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Assist AUM Library patrons at the circulation desk.
- Open and/or close the AUM Library; open and/or close the Access
- Record statistics during assigned shift.
- Handle any money transactions and manage cash box.
- Manage student worker activities during assigned shift.
- Read shelves, shift, and sort materials as necessary to
maintain accuracy, order, and neatness.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge, skills
- Knowledge of basic research techniques.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the Library of Congress
- Skill in using computer software applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work nights and weekends
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs
Completion of college course work equal to one year and/or
experience equivalent to one year of library work.
Job Open Date:
This posting will remain open until closed:
Job Close Date:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once
interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications.
About the University/College
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at
Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just
take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the
best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report
recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South
for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public
institutions in the region.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer
committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage
applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans,
and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and
security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees
at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have the duty
to immediately report information that has the potential to
adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus
In accordance with Auburn University at Montgomery policy and
applicable federal requirements, all employees must be fully
vaccinated against COVID -19 by January 18, 2022, or by their first
day of work, whichever is later. An individual is fully vaccinated
two weeks after they have received the second dose in a two-dose
series, or two weeks after they have received a single-dose
vaccine. The university will consider requests for medical or
religious exemptions to the vaccine requirement in accordance with
Auburn University at Montgomery is committed to keeping its
campus community safe and will follow applicable local, state and
federal guidelines and regulations regarding COVID -19 policies and
Position Profile Link
- Professional Reference Sheet
Posting Specific Questions
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How would you rate your customer service skills and why?
(Open Ended Question)
- How would you describe your work ethic?
(Open Ended Question)