Working with Joplin area elementary schools, the Score 1 for Health
nurse ensures timely follow-up with families qualifying for
services; cultivates alliances with schools, effectively promoting
the child health benefits of the program ; and contributes to the
advancement of the program and departmental operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures timely follow-up with families qualifying for
- Organize referral caseload
- Effectively tracks all families contacted
- Coordinates appropriate referrals
- Facilitates follow-up contact with families
- Cultivates alliances with entities, effectively promoting the
benefits of the programs.
- Serves as a resource and liaison with school professionals,
parents, and community programs
- Acts as a conduit of change in promoting healthy
- Represents the University favorably and in accordance with
established Core Values and expectations
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to meet the goals
and objectives of the organization
- Missouri registered nurse license.
- Three years experience in pediatric, community, public, or
school nursing. Experience in patient education, diabetes
education, health promotion, social services desired. One year
experience working with low-income, multi-cultural families
preferred and highly desirable.
- Must be proficient with MS office (word, excel, access).
- Must have excellent time management skills, be able to work
independently, productively, and with little to no
- Must be able to provide own transportation to elementary
schools when needed.
- Flexibility in work hours, due to early evening activities,
including attendance and phone work.
- Strong skills in phone and face-to-face health assessments,
specifically ability to assess readiness for change in
- Demonstrated attributes in displaying compassion and developing
trust while interacting with all constituents.
- Strong phone skills essential.
- Must maintain an active MO and/or KS license for registered
nurses or be able to obtain bi-state licensure.
Questions? Call Tosha at 417-208-0757 or email
Equal Opportunity Employer
KCU is committed to promoting an equal employment opportunity
workplace. Equal opportunity is and shall be provided for all
employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their
demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic
information (GINA), physical or mental disability, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial
status, ancestry, military and/or veteran status, and/or any other
status protected by applicable Federal, state or local law.
Annual Security Report
KCU is committed to providing a safe campus for students, faculty,
and staff. Our annual campus security report
crimes and statistics for the campus and public areas around campus
for the last three years, in accordance with the Jeanne Clery
Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics
Thank you for your interest in a career at KCU!