Digital Marketing Director
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of
Pittsburgh Technical College ( PTC ) in carrying out the duties of
the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors,
professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership,
stewardship, respect and accountability to PTC students and
employees is essential.
Pittsburgh Technical College is a private, non-profit and
regionally accredited institution committed to higher education
excellence and focused on academic and professional success.
Located in Western Pennsylvania since 1946, PTC awards associate
and bachelor’s degrees and certificates in these areas: Business,
Criminal Justice, Culinary Arts, Hospitality, Design and
Engineering Technology, Healthcare, Nursing, Information Systems
and Technology, Trades Technology, and Energy and Electronics
Technology. The PTC college experience is empowering and culminates
in internships and clinical rotations for on-campus, degree-seeking
Purpose of Job
The PTC digital marketing director is responsible for overseeing
and managing digital marketing channels that promote PTC including
updating and maintaining all public-facing PTC websites and design
and development of new pages and microsites. This role is critical
in enhancing brand awareness within the digital space as well as
driving website traffic and attracting students. As part of the
brand team in marketing, the digital marketing director will also
be collaborating with copy, design, and agency partners to fully
realize, implement, and enhance campaign or marketing creative on
the web and in the digital space.
The digital marketing director also identifies and evaluates new
digital technologies and utilizes in-house resources as well as
external resources to ensure that all PTC digital properties are
The digital marketing director is involved in all digital marketing
efforts from developing media strategies that put PTC’s brand in
front of our target audience including editing website pages,
evaluating 3rd party contracts, and digging through the trenches of
web analytics to unearth invaluable info about target
REQUIRED EDUCATION :
Associate degree in related field.
PREFERRED EDUCATION :
Certifications in Google Analytics, website accessibility, data
privacy, or other related knowledge areas.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Minimum four years full-time web design experience
- Frontend development languages including HTML, CSS,
- Knowledge of the WordPress CMS
- Experience with WCAG 2.1 Standards for creating accessible
Proficient in the following areas:
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- High level of skill with Microsoft Office, including Word,
PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Must have experience with Google Analytics / Tag Manager, and
must remain current as these programs change and evolve
- Search Engine Marketing; specifically Search Engine
Optimization best practices
In addition to technical competencies outlined here, marketing,
brand, and/or consumer-facing communication experience is a
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Familiarity with Genesis Themes, Gravity Forms, or WP
Lead the development and ongoing process for a significantly
improved website experience. Primary goal is to drive increased
enrollment though growth in traffic, engagement and conversions
–e.g. from inquires to campus visits, applications, starts,
Project and Product Management:
- Apply best practices to current website while developing UI
standards to be used for the new website.
- Involved in user testing, and QA new releases.
- Get priority content updated ASAP and develop the vision and
plan for the longer-term strategy.
- Lead commissioning and reviewing research to develop and
maintain the product roadmap in terms of the business strategy and
can prioritize the backlog of changes and improvements.
- Establish and/or revise process for testing and QA.
- Create and maintain QA standards for UI/UX design.
- Validates changes made by development before releasing updates
- Owner of product delivered on the web (mobile and
- Keen focus on “mobile-first” experience
- Keen understanding of usability best practices
- Champion of our user and what their needs are online, always
focused on who the user is and what they need online
- Utilize project management software to maintain a projects,
tasks and resources to allow easy identification of what’s due,
when and by whom as such this role is the gatekeeper of website
requests; requests in progress and requests completed.
- Schedule and lead internal meetings to gather comments on
creative from agency partners.
- Collaborate with various PTC departments to ensure that the
website is updated to reflect new events, offerings, updates.
- Manage vendor timelines and communication, report out as
- Own the product management on a day-to- day basis and liaises
with other areas to make sure the digital value proposition is
- Identify and manage the plan for implementation of the new
brand positioning currently in development into the overall site
- Demonstrate well-organized work processes and the ability to
manage competing demands
- Translate project requirements into action plans and
communicate those requirements with the appropriate teams (copy,
- Act as ongoing point of contact to project stake holders to
answer questions, provide support, solutions and track site
- Ensure that progressive stages are approved with adequate time
to meet schedules and that deadlines are met
- HTML and CSS required
- WordPress content management system experience preferred;
Ability to work within multiple CMS systems
- Ability to edit site pages as needed
- Must remain current on evolving web editing techniques and
trends especially related to mobile
- Must be able to create and validate WCAG 2.1 Standards
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
- Coordinates evaluation and analysis of digital program
performance and builds actionable reports
- Setting goals/expectations and measuring/monitoring results and
providing insight — strong reporting tools developed to understand
the results –traffic in terms of unique users, sessions, time on
site, engagement, bounce rates, conversions, etc.
- Generate single source reports on the performance of the
website and associated marketing initiatives, email campaigns, SEO,
paid search, etc.
- Weekly status report management and publishing; Provides timely
resource reports for internal and external teams as needed.
Pittsburgh Technical College (hereinafter “PTC”) will make
reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees
with known disabilities if such accommodation would allow the
individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship and/or a direct threat
to the health and/or safety of the individual or others.
For additional information regarding PTC’s disability
accommodation, please email email@example.com
Other Job Information
PRE - EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS :
Must pass a criminal background check before starting
OTHER JOB INFORMATION :
PTC has taken the position that all new hires must have the
COVID -19 Vaccine. Proof of COVID -19 vaccination is required for
all new employment with PTC .
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS :
Please answer all questions on the application.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT :
PTC is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals
with diverse backgrounds for all positions. PTC believes that the
gathering and celebration of unique experiences, qualities, and
cultures enriches the workplace. Our mission is to champion a
community of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in a
spirit of civility.
To learn more about DEI’s mission, vision, and values,
Visit the Diversity,
Equity, and Inclusion webpage
ACCOMODATION STATEMENT :
Pittsburgh Technical College ( PTC ) is an Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, or veteran
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act ( ADA ), PTC
does not discriminate against applicants, employees, or students
with qualifying disabilities. PTC will provide reasonable
accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee
with a disability. To request reasonable accommodation, please
REMOTE WORK : (Section 505: Alternative work
This Policy applies to regular, full-time administrative
professional and support staff employees who live within daily
commuting distance of the Pittsburgh Technical College (hereinafter
“PTC”) campus location in Oakdale, PA.
The purpose of this policy is to provide guidance on remote working
to employees and managers in establishing alternate work
arrangements for qualifying employees whose responsibilities can be
performed outside the customary/traditional office setting during
part of the work week. This policy addresses regular, on-going
arrangements and will be modified or discontinued as business needs
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
WORK SCHEDULE :
Typical hours are Monday through Friday –
8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
WORKING CONDITIONS :
Starting Pay Rate
- Equipment used includes desktop or laptop with Microsoft
Windows environment, calculator, phone, and other general office
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to
carry out the functions of the position
- Work generally performed in a climate-controlled office with
minimal exposure to safety hazards
Full Time/Part Time
Posting Detail Information
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions Summary
Please answer all pre-qualification questions, and attach required
documents. Applications are considered incomplete if this
information is not provided.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * Do you have an Associates Degree in field?
- * Do you have a minimum of four years full-time web design
experience in the following? Frontend development languages
Experience with WCAG 2.1 Standards for creating accessible content
- * Do you have intermediate-level proficiency with Microsoft
Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)?
- * Do you have demonstrated knowledge and experience with Google
Analytics / Tag Manager?
- * Are you willing to remain current with emerging trends in
field and continue professional development to stay abreast of
change in work-related programs, etc.?
- * What is your minimum salary requirement for this
(Open Ended Question)
- * PTC has taken the position that all new hires must have the
COVID-19 Vaccine. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for all
new employment with PTC. If extended an offer of employment are you
willing to provide proof of vaccination status?
- Cover Letter
- Media File