Security Sensitive Position?
Hours of Work
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM M-F
Official TSU Title
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OPERATIONS FINANCIAL AID
Job Description Summary / TWC Summary
Under general supervision assists the Director in the management,
administration and processing of financial aid programs. Supervises
and evaluates support staff and student employees and monitor all
functions related to those positions. Responsible for setup,
coordination, monitoring and implementation of the award packaging
Essential Duties Summary
- Setups, coordinates monitors, and implements all functions the
processes for all students who apply for or receive any type of
- Completes import and export for Federal Grant and Direct Loan
Programs. Manages and performs reconciliation procedures. Monitors
output reports and clean suspense file from UC4 data load process
for Institutional Student Information Records.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities of the Return of Title
IV Funds (R2T4) process; including but not limited to,
calculations, award adjustments, and reporting of any federal
overpayments to the NSLDS in accordance with required
- Assists with maintaining the integrity of data of the financial
aid module in BANNER and/or job-related software.
- Assists with developing implementation plans, conversions and
installing new BANNER and/or job-related software releases.
- Ensures timely submission of College Work-Study earned hours.
Assists with the preparation of monthly College Work-Study
- Awards, revises, and certifies all College Access Loans and
alternatives from various lenders.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
$55,513.00 - $69,392.00
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or higher.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Federal, State, Local, and County laws.
- Policies, procedures, and practices.
- Management and supervisory practices.
- Banner and other job-related software systems.
- Procedures and monitoring compliance in the federal loan and
Federal Pell grant programs.
- Requires full/complete knowledge in multiple disciplines and
serves as an ultimate subject matter expert in at least one
discipline or function. Demonstrates full command of technical and
functional principles, procedures, and subject matter in multiple
disciplines to handle any situation and lead or train others.
Requires the ability to lead the development or modification of
work procedures across multiple disciplines.
- Work requires the direct application of a variety of
procedures, policies and/or precedents.
- Supervisory techniques.
- Microsoft Office Professional or similar applications.
- Problem-solving and decision-making.
- Multitasking and time management.
- Coordinating work over others.
- Strong analytical.
- Planning activities.
- Leading projects.
- Both verbal and written communication.
- Work independently.
- Work directly with the state to certify loans and monitory
enrollment on state loans.
- Coordinate and monitor complex projects.
- Keep up- to-date on changing regulations.
- Communicates effectively.
- Requires the ability to lead the development or modification of
work procedures across multiple disciplines.
- Use job-related software and systems.
Three (3) to five (5) years of related experience.
Routine office environment.
Sitting or standing in one location much of the time.
Some stooping, lifting or carrying objects light weight may be
Use of video display terminal.
Desired start date
Position End Date (if temporary)
UA EEO Statement
It is the policy of Texas Southern University to provide a work
environment that is free from discrimination for all persons
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
individuals with disability, sexual orientation, or protected
veteran status in its programs, activities, admissions or
employment policies. This policy of equal opportunity is strictly
observed in all University employment-related activities such as
advertising, recruiting, interviewing, testing, employment
training, compensation, promotion, termination, and employment
benefits. This policy expressly prohibits harassment and
discrimination in employment based on race, color, religion,
gender, gender identity, genetic history, national origin,
individuals with disability, age, citizenship status, or protected
veteran status. This policy shall be adhered to in accordance with
the provisions of all applicable federal, state and local laws,
including, but not limited to, Title VII of the Civil Rights
Manual of Administrative Policies and Procedures
Open Until Filled (overrides close field)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Open to all applicants.
Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or higher
- * Do you have three (3) to five (5) years of related
- * Do you have experience using Microsoft Office Professional or
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Official Transcripts
- Other Document
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3