Elon University is currently accepting applications for an
Assistant Controller. The assistant controller is responsible for
managing the annual financial audit, NCAA audit
and OMB Single Audit along with other external reporting
as needed. The assistant controller serves as the subject matter
expert to research and document GAAP and other
authoritative guidance for reporting for the university. This
position requires excellent analytical skills, a thorough knowledge
of accounting principles and experience in coordinating the
preparation and analysis of financial statements.
- At a minimum, an undergraduate degree in accounting or in
business management/finance with, at least, six years of experience
in accounting and management. Master's in Accounting
or MBA preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license required
- Higher Education experience preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague a plus.
- Ability to perform financial analysis, including budget to
actual variance analysis and forecasting.
- Strong supervisory experience and ability to work as part of a
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and follow
through to resolve outstanding issues.
- Candidates must possess excellent verbal and written
communication skills, attention to detail, a professional customer
service demeanor, and the ability to work with confidential
- Ability to analyze/interpret data and take appropriate
- Aptitude for technology and proficiency with Microsoft Word and
- Other attributes include good judgment and initiative,
intuitive instincts, excellent interpersonal management skills and
the ability to work effectively in a fast paced and changing
Six years of experience in accounting and management required.
The position will remain open until filled. Apply at https://elon.peopleadmin.com/postings/8232. Elon
University is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to
a diverse faculty, staff and student body and welcomes all
Elon University has built a national reputation as a premier
student-centered arts and sciences university that values strong
relationships between students and their faculty and staff mentors.
Elon is ranked among the top-100 National Universities by U.S.
News & World Report, with a No. 1 ranking for excellence
in undergraduate teaching and No. 9 for innovation. Global
engagement is central to Elon's experience and the Institute of
International Education has ranked the institution No. 1 in the
nation for study abroad for 16 straight years. In addition, Elon is
the only university in the nation ranked in the top-20 by U.S.
News for excellence in all eight academic programs "Focused on
Student Success." Elon's more than 7,000 students prepare to become
the resilient, ambitious and ethical leaders the world needs,
putting their knowledge into action on campus, in the community and
around the globe.