Posted: December 3, 2021
Level: Administrator III (SUOAF)
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Job Posting: BOR 21-27
Closing Date: Applications must be submitted by 5:00pm (EST) on
Friday March 4th, 2022
61 Woodland St, Hartford, CT 06105
Anticipated Start Date:
Under the general direction of the Senior Associate Director of
Business Services or his/her designee this position will provide
excellent customer service for the CSCU invoice processing,
payments and check writing function. The Accounts Payable &
Disbursement Specialist is responsible for invoice processing to
ensure accuracy and timely processing and participates in the daily
operations for the check writing process.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and
Successful Candidate must have or must possess:
- Three (3) years of Accounts Payable or other relevant finance
- Demonstrated experience using an ERP to process Accounts
- Extremely customer focused and excellent client relationship
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting
principles and accounting software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and
- Works well in a team environment.
This posting includes qualifications, experience and skills but is
not limited to the full duties and responsibilities that is stated
within the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications as stated are
encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and
experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this
position and by providing appropriate references. Exceptions to the
degree requirements may be made for compelling reasons.
Example of Job Duties:
- Experience with Banner
- One or more years of check writing management
- Reviews and processes invoices ensuring accuracy, timeliness,
and adequacy of supporting documentation; and ensures compliance
with internal policies, agency rules and regulations, and generally
accepted accounting principles.
- Process check cancellations, stop payments, reissues, etc.
- Coordinates the daily disbursement operations, including file
prep, ACH processing, bank process feeds, wires, printing checks,
post-closing issues and other check writing duties.
- Maintain current vendor payment data for direct deposit vendors
and expand electronic vendor payments.
- Maintain the Department of Revenue Services vendor offset
- Oversee Check fraud affidavits.
- Collaborate with Accounting and the bank to resolve bank
statement and Treasurer ZBA discrepancies.
- Communicate with vendors and requesting departments to resolve
outstanding invoices, correct billing errors, resolve credit
- Recommends internal control upgrades to ensure appropriate
checks and balances.
- Research and resolution of complex technical issues.
- Performs other related duties to those enumerated above which
do not alter the basic level of responsibility of the
$58,422 - $96,471 approximate annual plus excellent State of CT
medical insurance, retirement, and related fringe benefits.
To apply you must submit a cover letter, resume and a copy of
official college transcripts.
Incomplete applications or those submitted after the closing date
will not be considered and links to other sources to view resumes
are not acceptable.
All employment, if offered, is contingent upon proof of citizenship
or employability under the requirement of the Immigration and
Control Act (IRCA) and the successful passing of a background
check. CSCU is committed to providing a safe campus community.
Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal
history record check and, when appropriate, a financial (credit)
report or driving history check.
Prior to extending an offer of employment, the finalists for state
employment must prove that they (1 )are fully vaccinated against
COVID-19; (2) have received the first dose and has either received
a second dose or has an appointment for the second dose in a
two-dose series vaccination, such as Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
has received a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s
Janssen vaccine; or (3) have applied for an exemption from this
requirement because a physician, physician’s assistant, or advanced
practice registered nurse has determined that the administration of
COVID-19 vaccine is likely to be detrimental to their health, or
the finalist objects to vaccination on the basis of a sincerely
held religious or spiritual belief. Each application for an
exemption will be considered on an individualized, case-by-case
basis, and any applicant for an exemption must provide appropriate
supporting documentation if requested.
Continuing Notice of Nondiscrimination
CSCU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious
creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin,
marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental
disorder, learning disability or physical disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, genetic information or criminal record.
The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries
regarding the non-discrimination policies: Nicholas D'Agostino
Manager of Affirmative Action, Diversity, and Inclusion
CSCU IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, M/F