VCU Athletics is seeking graduate assistants to assist in the daily
operations of the Development area during the 2022-23 academic
Specifically, the Ram Athletic Fund Graduate Assistant will serve
an important role as a liaison between the VCU Athletic Department
and its 3,600 donor, $3.5 million annual fundraising operation.
This position will assist with fulfillment of donor benefits,
coordination of RAF events, provide tremendous customer service and
represent VCU Athletics at numerous external functions, home
athletic contests, donor trips, and University functions.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Identification of prospects for high-level annual and major
gifts, serving as a “front door” to the RAF office, and assisting
Major Gift Officers and Senior Administration with donor
• Providing integral support with the coordination of donor
benefits, VCU donor database management, parking reallocation,
gift/seating renewals, gift processing, game-day operations,
special events, booster activities, promotions and other duties as
assigned for a $3.5 million annual fund, 3,600 donor
• Managing RAF email account and main RAF phone line;
• Planning, implementing, and overseeing student-athlete
“Thank-A-Thon,” reaching over 3,600 donors, and creating a fun,
competitive environment for student-athletes to participate and
spread the mission of VCU Athletics;
• Working in a team environment, collaborating on projects with
ticket office, sports information department, marketing, coaches
and all other areas of the VCU athletics department to provide
outstanding fan experience to all VCU patrons;
• Attending all meetings as able and complete assignments in a
timely, efficient, and professional manner; and
• All other duties as assigned by Athletics Development
• Admittance into a VCU graduate program; and
• Professionalism at all times, including numerous daily phone
calls and frequent personal interaction with donors; and
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse
faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a
graduate assistant at VCU.
• Knowledge of and prior work experience in intercollegiate
• Strong customer service skills, highly organized, and
• Exceptional verbal and written communication.
All candidates must apply for this graduate assistant position. A
cover letter and resume must be included as part of this
We ask that graduate students limit their applications to three (3)
graduate assistant positions of interest.
Applicants must be admitted to a VCU graduate program to be
eligible for this position.
For information about applying to VCU’s Center for Sport
Leadership, see https://sportleadership.vcu.edu/apply/ .
An applicant who is admitted to VCU’s Center for Sport Leadership
(CSL) may receive funding from both CSL and the VCU Athletics
Department if they are the selected finalist.
There are two (2) open positions within Development.
This graduate assistant position for 2022-23 will be open until
filled, and review of applications will begin immediately.
For questions regarding this graduate assistant position, please
contact Danny O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding VCU Center for Sport Leadership
applications, please contact Dr. Carrie LeCrom at
Salary Range: Scholarship amounts vary
Employment Type: G9 - Graduate Assistant 9
Restricted Status: No
Contact Name: Danny O'Brien
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 804-828-4771