Job Summary/Basic Function
Serves as the confidential Executive Associate to the VP for
University Advancement. This position has primary responsibility
for a variety of executive secretarial assignments. including
scheduling meetings; maintaining the Vice President’s calendar;
answering the office phone and take messages; keeping a tickler
file of open action items and upcoming due dates; drafting
correspondence for the Vice President’s signature; directing
incoming mail to appropriate functions; monitoring the Vice
President’s email; printing documents as background material for VP
meetings; making travel arrangements; monitoring leave status of
the VP direct reports; and facilitating communications with the
President’s Office, Cabinet, the Council of Trustees, and the State
System of Higher Education, including the Office of the Chancellor
and the Chief Advancement Officers.
Located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Millersville University
of Pennsylvania is one of the 14 public universities of
Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education. Our pillars of
distinction include exceptionally strong student-faculty
relationships, numerous programs of distinction, a beautiful campus
and vibrant location, and successful job placement for our
students. Our students’ success, both inside and outside of the
classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide numerous
opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and social
growth and development. Almost 70 baccalaureate programs are
available for our 6,600 students to find their path. Several of our
programs are multidisciplinary in nature, combining science,
technology, and art to create a more progressive degree. One
thousand graduate students enroll in 21 master’s and three doctoral
programs. Our faculty are highly respected in their fields and
dedicated to the success of students in the classroom, research
labs, and in campus life. Over 66,000 alumni live in all 50 states
and in 72 countries around the world. We seek individuals who
embrace and value our EPPIIC values of exploration, public mission,
professionalism, inclusion, integrity, and compassion.
At Millersville University we are committed to fostering a learning
and working environment that promotes the intersectionality of
diversity to foster a climate of inclusion. Employing our EPPIIC
values and the principles of Inclusive Excellence, we hold that an
inclusive community is a core value that is an essential part of
the foundation for our learning and working environment.
Millersville University is an equal opportunity employer and, in
compliance with federal and state laws and university policy, is
committed to providing equal educational and employment
opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color,
national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Individuals from traditionally underrepresented populations are
encouraged to apply.
Annual salary range:
$38,803 – $51,737, plus comprehensive
benefits starting on the first day of employment, including:
- Health insurance – Low bi-weekly premium.
- Dental insurance – Coverage is free to employee and
- Vision insurance – Coverage is free to employee and
- Group life insurance – equal to annual salary (up to
$50,000) at no cost to the employee.
- Voluntary Group Life and Accident Insurance – available
for purchase at low rates for additional employee coverage as well
as coverage for spouse and children
- Long Term Disability Insurance – available for purchase
at low rates with either a 90 or 180-day waiting period
- Retirement – 2 plans to choose from.
- Tuition waiver – employee, spouse, and dependents are
- Personal leave – up to 6 days per year.
- Vacation leave – up to 10.4 days accrued per year for
first year, increases to 15.6 days per year after 1 year.
- Sick leave – up to 15.6 days accrued per year, including
up to 5 days per year that can be taken to care for a family
- Holiday leave – 12 days per calendar year.
For description of benefits available, see The State System
Employee Benefits Summary at
- Associates degree and five years’ experience supporting an
executive or manager or the equivalent combination of experience
and education to successfully perform the duties of the
- Experience scheduling complex meetings and/or events.
- Highly effective interpersonal and phone skills.
- Proficiency at a university level in oral and written
communications and proofreading.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability
to handle multiple priorities and projects.
- Ability to read and manage a high volume of e-mail.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel,
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and
- Successful interview.
- Successful completion of three background checks.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Banner, PeopleAdmin or SAP experience.