Working directly with the Director of Housing & Residential
Life, the Housing Coordinator assists in the implementation of
residential policies and procedures; serves as the primary staff
person in charge of housing operations functions; and directly
manages a portfolio of student housing properties.
This is a 12-month, live-in (campus apartment), full-time position
plus meal plan (when cafeteria in operation).
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Work with all areas of housing operations including software
management, student housing assignments, room selection processes;
room changes; room condition forms, key control and oversight, meal
plan requests, occupancy projections and reports, opening/closing
procedures, and summer/break housing assignments and
- Maintain accurate and timely resident student information in
StarRez and DataTel including but not limited to: housing and
damage billing/adjustments, new housing assignments, room changes,
and other updates as needed.
- Oversee daily operations of housing and houses used as student
- Perform administrative duties to maintain an efficient,
functional residence hall including but not limited to: room
assignments, key control, repair requests, maintenance of
building/resident records, and report preparation.
- Respond to emergency situations; act as a first responder to
ensure the safety and well-being of residence hall students.
Participate in the on-call duty rotation with other Residential
Life professional staff members.
- Serve as a primary liaison to establish effective, collegial
working relationship with members of the University community.
Maintains regular contact with critical offices including
Admissions, Security, Bursar, Athletics, Academic Advising,
Financial Aid, International Student Services, Facilities, and
- Supervise a Graduate Assistant and/or undergraduate student
- Student Conduct duties including: student meetings regarding
disciplinary cases; enforcement of policies; assignment of
sanctions; maintenance of the student conduct database; and
follow-up to ensure sanctions have been completed.
- Provide effective management of assigned duties and areas is
defined by initiative, vision, design, coordination and execution
of assigned responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Respond to emergency situations; act as a first-responder to
ensure the safety and well-being of students in the residence
- Participate in the on-call rotation as required on a
- Follow-up with students of concern and provide support to hall
staff on supporting impact to community.
The incumbent has the ability to engage and motivate and will
- Comfort and expertise with housing software programs;
- Effective organizational and analytical skills;
- Effective, professional oral and written communication
- Effective decision-making and policy implementation
- Effective public speaking, presentation and training
- Willingness to work independently and as a member of a larger
- Sound independent judgement skills;
- Ability to work within diverse groups;
- Ability to develop new methods and procedures;
- Ability to interpret and apply practical solutions to issues as
they arise consistent with University policies;
- Bachelor's degree required in a related field
- 2 years’ experience in Student Affairs/Residential Life.
Housing software/data management skills.
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Higher Education, or College
Personnel/Student Affairs. Prior experience with StarRez or similar
housing software programs.
The University of Bridgeport is committed to building a diverse
university community and encourages members of underrepresented
groups to apply. Review of applications will begin immediately and
continue until the position is filled.
N O TE :
- Please submit a cover letter and resume
- A list of three professional references
The above description is
intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be
performed by the Housing Operations Coordinator. It is not intended
to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of the position.
You will devote your full time and best efforts to the performance
of your various job duties and will observe any and all policies,
rules and regulations that the University may now have or shall