Assistant Director of Admissions, Marketing and
CA 94556, CA
12/31/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20
miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based
in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint
Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse
backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle
Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman
Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers
undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and
professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence,
innovation, and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant
heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An
outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry,
integrative learning, and student interaction bring these
traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to
the educational benefits of diversity.
Reporting to the Director of Admissions Operations, the Assistant
Director of Admissions Operations provides support in the overall
planning, management, and execution of strategy in the area of
admissions operations to meet the institutional enrollment goals
and targets of the Office of Admissions and the College. The
Assistant Director of Admissions Operations serves as a point of
contact for Admission Staff and others throughout the college to
support all things related to the Technolutions Slate CRM, and
other admission-related technology. This position support
admissions operations related to prospect management, application
processing, and admitted student enrollment and related qualitative
and demographic reports, digital marketing research, related
analysis, and assessment. This Assistant Director of Admissions
Operations is also the Super User for the CRM (SLATE) and the ERP
(Colleague). This position supports Undergraduate Admissions and
Graduate and Professional Studies programs.
2. Enrollment marketing data
- Help execute the day-to-day operations of the Admissions
Office, including prioritizing operational and office processes in
admissions, including inquiry data entry, creation and maintenance
of first year and transfer application files, electronic and
printed communications to applicants and potential applicants,
handling incoming/outgoing mail projects.
- Utilizes CRM (SLATE) to maintain standing data and reporting,
implement new reporting standards to respond to developing needs.
SuperUser for Slate CRM.
- Develop effective relationships within the Departments,
Schools, and other areas of the College, allowing for data sharing
and transmission between departments.
- Maintain a broad knowledge base of the technological
developments and trends in the education industry by engaging with
hardware and software vendors, attending conferences, and
identifying how technology can help meet admissions goals and the
College's strategic needs.
- Succinctly relate the potential impact of those developments on
admissions in general to campus constituents.
- Execute the smooth data integration and export standards for
Colleague and SLATE essential to Financial Aid, Registrar, New
Student Programs, Campus Housing, Athletics, Advising and other
departments where essential.
- Build and updates all Slate-hosted applications and forms.
- Oversees event creation in Slate for quality control to ensure
forms, linked communication, and data are accurate.
- Implement Slate tools that enable the admission staff to manage
their territories effectively, efficiently, and strategically.
- Serves as the point of contact for individual Slate
- Plans and executes unit integration and end-user acceptance
testing, and leads staff in testing systems and updates.
- Develops intuitive interface designs for end-users, trains
staff on use and optimization of Slate functionality, and leads
ongoing training and professional development of users throughout
3. Recruitment and Yield
- Collaborate with College Communications to develop and
implement ping/UTM marketing tools.
- Market analysis and ongoing study of prospective student
demographics are inherent in this role.
- Assess the success of initiatives once "live" by creating and
analyzing data reports from Slate CRM.
- Assign geodemographic tags and employ filters to enable
targeted outreach efforts (e.g., regular mail; e-mail; Tele
counseling, text messaging).
- Help manage CRM use for enrollment communications, application
tracking reports/analysis, and enrollment strategy planning.
4. Other Duties as Assigned:
- Participate in all on campus recruitment and yield events.
Provide SLATE support through the tracking of registrants,
attendants, and show rates for signature admission events and
outreach initiatives (college fairs, high school visits, transfer
center visits) in person or virtually.
- Assure operational support through list generation and other
data needs while also engaging with students and parents at the
- Maintain a broad knowledge base about the College, its
programs, and opportunities.
- Maintain a broad knowledge base about general trends in
secondary and higher education.
- Assist with territory assignment and geo market travel
Experience and Qualifications
- Help cover admission phone line with rotating schedule when
- Participate in on-campus events, including some evening and
weekend programming. Special data analytic projects as needed by
the Dean of Admissions or Director of Admissions Operation.
Represent Admissions in College-wide meetings and/or committees as
: Bachelor's Degree
: Master's Degree
(years required and applicable
field of experience):
2 years of work experience with admissions technology (preferred
experience with CRM-- SLATE) directly related to student
recruitment and admissions.
Licenses & Certifications (
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently Strong analytical skills,
attention to detail, and ability to prioritize tasks. Colleague and
Slate experience, or technical expertise in data management,
including student information systems and Microsoft Access.
- Advanced capabilities with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Demonstrated experience working in highly collaborative and
culturally diverse environments; ability to develop effective
relationships with Departments, Schools, and other areas of the
College to meet the demands of the position.
- Demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills and the
ability to work in a team atmosphere.
e.g. CPA, RN,
etc.): REQUIRED: PREFERRED:
2 weeks of travel. Evening and weekend work required. Motor Vehicle
Background check required.
Please apply online at
Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the
qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of
The name and contact information for three (3) professional
In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent
authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a
motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We
support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe
and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color,
religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual
orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental
disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a
protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any
other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus
crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the
federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College
Report, please go to the Public Safety website at http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0
To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925)
631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number
Please apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/stmarys