University of Idaho
Student Media Manager
Commensurate with experience
Manage the processes, products, and operations of Student Media.
Serve as editorial adviser to the student newspaper, The Argonaut,
and the magazine, Blot. Serve as professional adviser for student
radio station KUOI 89.3 FM and University Avenue Agency. Provide
leadership, advising and training for more than 100 student
managers, journalists, writers, designers, photographers, DJs and
sales staff. Serve as a professional liaison with business partners
for all entities. Maintain operational oversight to assure that
budgets, deadlines, production goals and regulatory/legal issues
are properly understood and addressed by student and professional
staff. Coordinate and advise the Student Media Board. Serve as
staff member in the Department of Student Involvement within the
Division of Student Affairs, supporting efforts to recruit and
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism or related
- Three years professional media experience.
- Experience with current journalistic practices, and correct
English usage in both written and oral communication.
- Experience in media production/operations using computer
software including layout and desktop publishing.
- Experience with web and social media usage and strategy in
professional media settings, including multimedia tools.
- Experience applying and advising others on issues of libel,
obscenity, FCC regulations and other media-related legal
- Experience at a manager-level position for a professional media
- Experience as a student manager at a student media
- Previous professional experience advising/managing a student
- Master’s Degree in communication, journalism, or related
- Ability to act independently and exercise initiative,
communicate effectively; establish and maintain effective working
relationships with personnel involved in the unit, organization,
the public and other agencies and organizations, and interact with
diverse populations and individuals.
- Professional Student Affairs/Student Life experience.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Experience monitoring budgets.
Open Until Filled:
Please provide a letter of qualification addressing the
required and preferred experience and education. This document
should be more detailed than a traditional cover letter and should
address the position qualifications. This position is open until
filled, however applications received by midnight December 14, 2021
will receive first consideration.
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative