Key Position Information:
This class is the first of four levels in the Custodial Services
series. Incumbents clean College facilities and set up/tear down
furniture and related items for events. Responsibilities may
include cleaning floors, windows, and furniture; emptying trash and
recycling; cleaning restrooms; re-stocking paper supplies; and
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
Six months preferred.
* An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient
to successfully perform the essential duties of the job may be
acceptable in lieu of those requirements listed above.
- Basic cleaning techniques;
- Applicable equipment and tools;
- Applicable cleaning chemicals;
- Computers and related software applications.
- Cleaning and sanitizing facilities and equipment;
- Handling and applying applicable cleaning chemicals;
- Using applicable tools and equipment;
- Monitoring and replenishing inventory;
- Preparing records and logs;
- Using a computer and related software applications;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction
with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc.
sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and
receive work direction.
- Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing,
walking, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive
- Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds
of forces constantly to move objects.
- Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts,
electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases,
chemicals, and extreme temperatures.
These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may
Performs a variety of custodial maintenance duties including;
replenishing paper supplies, towels, and soap; dusting; mopping,
sweeping, and vacuuming floors; emptying trash; and/or performing
Daily - 50%
Performs a variety of custodial sanitizing duties which includes:
cleaning and disinfecting floors, windows, sinks, counters, shower
areas, toilets, water fountains and other fixtures and performing
Daily - 40%
Monitors available inventory and notifies appropriate individual(s)
when stock levels reach specified levels.
Weekly - 5%
Prepares and maintains logs and records.
Daily - 5%
Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
To apply, visit https://web.spcollege.edu/hrapp/job/4603
The Board of Trustees of St. Petersburg College affirms its
equal opportunity policy in accordance with the provisions of the
Florida Educational Equity Act and all other relevant state and
federal laws, rules and regulations. The college will not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex,
age, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or against any
qualified individual with disabilities in its employment practices
or in the admission and treatment of students. Recognizing that
sexual harassment constitutes discrimination on the basis of sex
and violates this Rule, the college will not tolerate such conduct.
Should you experience such behavior, please contact Pamela Smith,
the director of EA/EO/Title IX Coordinator at 727-341-3261; by mail
at P.O. Box 13489, St. Petersburg, FL 33733-3489; or by email at