The Visual Communications program at Cazenovia College seeks
talented applicants for a full-time tenure-track Assistant
Professor position in Visual Communication (Animation).
The candidate would teach a wide range of courses and take on
the role of primary instructor for our Animation concentration
within the Visual Communications program. We seek candidates
with a developed vision and shared understanding of how animation
exists within the broader context of media arts and visual
narrative and, as such, have potential for leadership in shaping
the curriculum and preparing students for the future of animation.
Other faculty obligations would include advising, service and
committee work, and active professional practice or research.
The department values diversity as a factor in academic and
artistic excellence. Expected start date: August
- MFA or equivalent degree from an accredited institution in
animation, games, digital arts, or a related discipline.
- Ability to teach beginner and advanced studio Animation courses
in areas such as preproduction, 2D, 3D, traditional, stop
motion, motion graphics, narrative storytelling, character
development, motion graphics, visual effects, compositing, and
- Demonstrated expertise in software programs such as After
Effects, Maya, ToonBoon Harmony, and ZBrushCore/Blender and/or
other 2D or 3D animation software.
- Versatility and flexibility to teach some of the more
general, foundational courses in the program as well as the courses
specific to their concentration.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching and mentoring
- Familiarity with the history, theory, and current practices of
- Experience in related areas (such as graphic design,
illustration, interactive, or web design) in addition to their
strong experience in animation.
- Active and current professional experience with ties to the
- Interdisciplinary experience with other domains such as film,
television, games, etc. or a reel that demonstrates
- Prior experience in pedagogy and curriculum design.
- Awareness of emerging technologies as they influence animation
Candidates from historically underrepresented groups are
encouraged to apply.
Please submit cover letter, CV, statement of teaching
philosophy, research statement or creative activities and digital
portfolio/animation reel to:
email@example.com Also include
names and contact information for three professional
For full consideration, please submit the following by
January 20, 2022.