Application Review date
Open Until Filled
Senior Research Project Manager
Department this Position Reports to
The Dartmouth Institute
Hiring Range Minimum
Hiring Range Maximum
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
Scheduled Months per Year
Scheduled Hours per Week
Location of Position
Is this a term position?
If yes, length of term in months.
Is this a grant funded position?
Under general direction of Center for Program Design and Evaluation
( CPDE ) leaders, the Senior Research Project Manager leads,
oversees, and conducts program design and evaluation services for a
range of projects in higher education, healthcare, and
community-based research settings. Activities include, but are not
limited to, evaluation and mixed methods research (including
design, implementation, data collection, analysis,
reporting/dissemination), project and client management, and
oversight and training of other CPDE staff. Assumes primary
responsibility for leading multiple projects, overseeing and
mentoring research associates in carrying out day to day activities
on these projects, and ensuring adherence to CPDE standards and
protocols. In addition, this position will assist in identifying
new funding/projects, developing proposals or evaluation-related
grant narratives, and contributing to scholarly dissemination.
Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp
Masters plus 6 or more years' experience or equivalent
combination of education and experience
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Masters degree in a field such as evaluation, research, public
health, health policy, education, healthcare informatics, human
services, or other related fields.
- Six or more years of relevant experience in evaluation research
and management with demonstrated ability to manage multiple
projects and clients.
- Ability to interact confidently with partners / clients/
project teams with high degree of tact, discretion and sensitivity
- Ability to manage and direct the work of others related to
mixed methods evaluation with a coaching mindset and excellent
interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with principles and
practices of sound research and mixed methods evaluation.
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent planning,
organizational, and time management skills. Able to prioritize own
work and the work of others, show flexibility when necessary and
work effectively both independently and collaboratively with
- Expertise in the development and implementation of mixed
methods data collection instruments (e.g., focus group guides,
surveys, etc.), statistical analyses, coding and analysis of
qualitative data, and data synthesis and triangulation.
- Experience with Qualtrics, REDCap or other survey
- Solid understanding of data management principles and data
- Ability to analyze data using qualitative data analysis
software (e.g., Atlas, Dedoose) and statistical packages (e.g.,
SPSS, SAS, R, Stata).
- Expertise in presenting results in various formats, including
written reports, presentations and data visualizations. Candidates
selected for an in-person interview will be asked to submit a
writing sample and/or an example of recent data-related
- Mastery of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong resource information skills with library and Internet
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Willing to travel on occasion for project meetings and other
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse
- Formal training and experience in evaluation or research is
- Human subjects research and ethics training and certification,
e.g., CITI training.
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title
Talent Acquisition Consultant
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We
prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any
other legally protected status. Applications by members of all
underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and
successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which
may include a criminal background check, reference checks,
verification of work history, and verification of any required
academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results
acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not
automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background
check information will be used in a confidential,
non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please note that Dartmouth has a COVID vaccination requirement for
all employees; visit https://www.dartmouth.edu/hrs/ to review the
policy and for details and information on requesting an exemption
and/or reasonable accommodation. Compliance with the Dartmouth
COVID -19 Employee and Appointee Vaccination Policy is a condition
Evaluation / Methods Design and Planning:
- Oversee the design and implementation of evaluation plans,
including creating logic models; defining indicators/metrics,
methods, and workplans; and writing IRB applications. Participate
in identifying new projects and develop proposals or grant sections
Percentage Of Time
Evaluation / Methods Implementation:
- Lead or oversee development of instruments for data collection,
including researching relevant literature, developing or reviewing
drafts of data collection instruments (qualitative and
quantitative) and finalizing instruments. Instruments may include
surveys, observation checklists, focus group and interview guides,
and photo elicitation processes/interviews.
- Oversee data collection and/or collect primary data
(interviews, focus groups, surveys, observation). Ensure adherence
to strict data security protocols and quality controls for data
entry, storage, management, and analyses.
- Analyze or oversee analyses of qualitative and quantitative
data using appropriate methods and available software programs
(e.g., SPSS, SAS, R, Stata; Dedoose)
Percentage Of Time
Reporting & Dissemination:
- Prepare or oversee creation of concise, relevant, meaningful,
and actionable data summaries (e.g., data visualization, tables,
charts, statistical summaries, narrative summaries).
- Assume responsibility for generating primary and summary
reports and presentations on projects, including triangulation of
quantitative and qualitative data.
- Lead or contribute to sections of manuscripts and abstracts of
evaluation and research methods and/or findings.
Percentage Of Time
- Provide direction and oversight to Research Associates and
Assistants working on joint projects. Ensure that CPDE protocols
and systems are followed and advise on their continual improvement
and redesign as needed.
- Participate in interviews and hiring decisions for new CPDE
team members and assist in onboarding and training activities at
- Actively communicate and collaborate with CPDE colleagues,
project partners, and stakeholders (i.e., evaluation participants;
research subjects) in a timely, professional, and responsive
fashion, keeping a flexible schedule to meet competing demands.
Organize meetings and follow up communications among project
participants in conjunction with other team members.
Percentage Of Time
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural
awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with
Performs other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Talent Acquisition Consultant
- American Library Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Dartmouth College Employment Website
- Internal Employee Referral
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed Jobs
- National Black MBA Association
- Recruit Military
- Valley News
- Other (Please specify below)
- If you answered 'Other' to the above question, please specify
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter