The purpose of this class is to provide professional level
administrative support services to assigned department or
High school diploma/GED and five years related office experience or
Associated Degree and three years related office experience.
Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office applications; Must
complete and pass Microsoft testing modules which includes Word and
Excel and demonstrate the ability to type 35 wpm. (Candidates with
proof of current Microsoft Office Expert Specialist Certification
do not need to test.)
Class Specific Essential Duties
1. Assist and provide information to students, faculty,
administrators and the college community.
2. Assist in planning meetings, special events, and with special
3. Serve as liaison between department or program and other offices
4. Research, analyze and process data into college systems.
5. Maintain records and files.
6. Type letters, reports, documents and other correspondence; use
copier and fax equipment.
7. Answer, screen and direct telephone calls.
8. Compile reports, documents, forms and correspondence.
9. Create and track check requests, requisitions, work orders and
other request forms.
10. Process incoming and outgoing mail.
11. Assist in the planning and implementation of special projects,
meetings, and events.
12. Manage calendar for Supervisor.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are
not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as
CCBC Part Time Benefits At A Glance
Supplemental (Retirement Annuities) 403(b) and 457(b)
- Tax-sheltered annuities – 403(b). Payroll salary reduction
authorization is needed. The form is available on SharePoint
Forms/Human Resources Forms.
The 403(b) supplemental retirement plan is available to all CCBC
employees (Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time
- Roth 403(b) is a savings feature that is available when you
open a 403(b) account. The Roth 403(b) savings feature allows
employees to contribute after-tax dollars and then withdraw
tax-free dollars from their account upon retirement. The Roth
403(b) savings feature is only offered by the following vendors:
TIAA-CREF and VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. Adjunct Faculty, Part
Time Associates and Full Time employees are eligible to save for
retirement using the Roth 403(b) savings feature. Employees may
contribute traditional pre-tax 403(b) dollars and Roth 403(b)
post-tax dollars simultaneously. The savings limits are combined
for the Traditional 403(b) and the Roth 403(b) contributions.
- Deferred Compensation Plan — 457(b) offered through VOYA
Financial Advisors, Inc. The 457(b) salary reduction authorization
form is needed. The form is available on SharePoint Forms/Human
Free. Must obtain a parking permit from the Department of Public
Safety to use on all campuses.
Sick and Safe Leave
CCBC is pleased to offer paid sick and safe leave for part-time
employees. Paid sick and safe leave is earned by all part-time
employees including credit and non-credit adjunct faculty,
part-time associates and other part-time employees.