Adjunct Instructor - Design for the Web
- Maryville University
- Missouri, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 30, 2021
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Arts, Design & Graphic Arts, Other Arts, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Computer Sciences & Technology, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Criminal Justice & Criminology, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Curriculum & Instructional Development
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job Summary/Basic Function
In keeping with our mission and vision statement, Maryville actively seeks adjunct faculty members who are experts in their fields and have a passion for teaching. Adjunct faculty are an integral part of the University’s learning community and teach courses on the main campus. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a welcoming environment for a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
Maryville University is seeking qualified candidates interested in teaching an on-ground course titled Design for the Web. The course will focus on creating effective prototyped design for mobile and desktop websites using prototyping software. In addition, for context students will be exposed to HTML and CSS through exercises and a small project. The course will be taught via a studio format and meets twice a week on Tuesday/Thursday, 6:00 pm to 8:50 pm.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
• Teach assigned course as specified in the schedule and course contract.
• Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the University’s mission, academic policies and procedures, expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System).
• Prepare essential learning objectives, lesson plans, and assignments. Develop course syllabus.
• Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, and assignments and deadlines.
• Employ a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world applications of concepts covered.
• Encourage active learning through discussion topics, class assignments, group projects, etc.
• Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough manner (within 24 hours).
• Establish weekly office hours to provide additional assistance with student questions/concerns.
• Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in the course.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Masters or bachelor’s degree with professional experience and expertise in Interactive Design, Graphic Design, User Experience, or a Design related discipline
• Student-centered approach and passion for teaching and mentoring a diverse student population
• Commitment to an experiential learning philosophy
• Skillset in using prototyping software such as Adobe XD
• Basic skillset using HTML and CSS
• Professional/teaching experience
• College or university-level teaching experience.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: November 30, 2021
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert