At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity,
service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A
premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as
one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to
work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported
and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave
package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an
opportunity to do mission-driven work.
The College of Health Professions Department of Medical Laboratory
Sciences is seeking to hire an adjunct faculty to teach CLLS
409/629 (2.0 credits), CLLS 407/627 (2.0/3.0 credits) and the lab
portions of CLLS 302 (1.5 credits) and 308 (2.0 credits) for the
Spring 2022 semester.
1. MLS Generalist or categorical (Hematology, Blood Banking) ASCP
2. MS degree or BS degree with specialist certification.
3. Work experience in hematology or transfusion medicine laboratory
4. Ability to communicate effectively including the ability to work
with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
5. Ability to maneuver in the laboratory between lab benches and
6. Ability to work accurately and safely under stress, adapt easily
to changing environments and prioritize tasks.
7. Must demonstrate integrity, responsibility, tolerance and
8. Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse
faculty, staff, and student environment, or commitment to do so as
a faculty member at VCU
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Department: Medical Laboratory Sciences
Employment Type: AJ - Adjunct