Job Posting Title
Vice President of Administrative Services
Los Rios Community College District (Sacramento City
Founded in 1916, Sacramento City College ( SCC ) is a multi-campus,
urban college that consists of a 70-acre main campus across from
William Land Park. The College has two educational centers, one in
Davis on the campus of the University of California, Davis, and one
in West Sacramento located adjacent to the public library,
community center, and civic center. SCC is a vibrant teaching and
learning institution with approximately 20,000 day and evening
students and is recognized as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution (
HSI ) and an Asian American and Native American Pacific
Islander-Serving Institution ( AANAPISI ).
SCC has a rich history in the community and has expanded
educational opportunities to students across the region. SCC awards
Associate in Arts or Science degrees as well as Associate Degrees
for Transfer, which guarantee transfer into the California State
University system. The College offers Career Education certificates
and degrees, transfer credit for students who desire to continue
their education at a four-year college or university, and
instruction in basic skills such as English, English as a second
language, and mathematics.
Faculty and staff at SCC value a collaborative and diverse campus
community. As one of four colleges within the Los Rios Community
College District, Sacramento City College embraces change, values
excellence in academic achievement, and supports the success of
students as they pursue their dreams.
Under the general direction of the college President, the Vice
President of Administrative Services facilitates and promotes
effective support for student learning by providing appropriate
business management for the college. Primary duties include
preparing and administering the college budget in cooperation with
other Vice Presidents; coordinating with the District Office for
the purchasing of equipment, supplies, and properties for the
college; administering college classified personnel services;
overseeing the college buildings and facility maintenance program;
coordinating and implementing the district’s risk management
program and all programs related to health and safety of employees;
supervising and evaluating assigned staff; supporting the
Sacramento City College Foundation board; leading campus-wide
emergency response, and working cooperatively with the management
team and the district staff in all areas of responsibility.
The Vice President of Administrative Services will be expected to
provide leadership to the college in building and enhancing a
student success focus through addressing such key issues as
contributing to the refinement and adoption of a planning and
resource allocation strategy, promoting accountability assessment
and outcome measures, improving effectiveness of organizational
structures and processes, demonstrating systems thinking and use of
data in solving problems. Implementing the college strategic master
plan, enhancing the college participatory decision-making
processes, support and leadership in the work of the college in
continuously meeting accreditation standards, and ensuring adequate
resources for accreditation purposes. The Vice President of
Administrative Services is a member of and works collaboratively
with the President’s Executive Council, President’s Cabinet, the
Senior Leadership Team, and with the District and Vice President of
Administration ( VPA ) counterparts with our sister colleges, while
promoting a positive work environment, college effectiveness, and
The college and the administrative services department maintains a
● Understanding of, and commitment to, the mission of a
comprehensive community college.
● Openness to new and innovative ideas.
● The importance of strategic planning and support for the
alignment of resources with the college plan.
● Knowledge and understanding of project planning and coordination,
continuous process improvement, and accountability measures.
● Participatory leadership style with creativity and flexibility in
● Commitment to diversity and sensitivity to the educational and
personal goals of equity-mindedness regarding the student body and
● Working collaboratively within the college and at the district
● Establishing mutually enriching relationships with other internal
and external constituencies.
● Participatory decision-making approach and the ability to lead by
creating an atmosphere of trust and open communication.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to:
● Managing and providing leadership for all operations and business
services of the college.
● Advising the President on matters pertaining to financial and
business activities of the college.
● Representing the college in business administration activities
that affect district-wide operations.
● Assisting in the development of policies, regulations, and
procedures that relate to the business area of responsibility and
other areas as assigned by the President.
● Coordinating the development and preparation of the college
budget by working with individuals responsible for budgetary units
and with the budget committee.
● Monitoring expenditures to ensure that budget limits are
maintained and ensuring the establishment of appropriate internal
● Adhering to operational and program guidelines.
● Providing written and oral reports to the college President,
management, constituency leaders, the college faculty and staff as
● Coordinating college police services in conjunction with the Los
Rios Community College District Chief of Police.
● Developing, coordinating and exercising college emergency
response capability including serving as the Director of the
College Emergency Operations Center ( EOC ) and familiarity with
SEMS and NIMS protocols.
● Representing the college on the district-wide Preparedness
Assessment Team ( PAT ).
● Overseeing college enterprise activities including the College
Bookstore, vending services, and contracted food services.
● Providing financial oversight and integrating profits and
expenses into college operations as appropriate.
● Overseeing a wide range of administrative services including
receiving, mail service, duplicating services, and
● Serving as the classified personnel officer in charge of
classified staffing, supervision, evaluation, and discipline
processes for the college.
● Proposing staff changes or additions, in cooperation with the
● Representing the college on the Reclassification Review
● Serving as the college administrator for classified collective
● Coordinating the college building, capital construction,
facilities and grounds program in conjunction with lead college
staff and District Office representatives.
● Coordinating and implementing the District’s risk management
program and all programs related to the safety of employees and
● Implementing other environmental compliance programs.
● Serving as the college Safety Officer.
● Monitoring and implementing projects to meet Americans with
Disabilities Act ( ADA ) requirements.
● Assisting in the development of partnerships with external
● Serving on assigned college and district-wide committees.
● Overseeing Foundation accounting as it relates to the campus
trust fund accounts-sundry and scholarship funds.
● Performing other duties as assigned.
The administrative assignment may include day, evening and weekend
hours, and off-campus work.
Total Hrs per Week/Day
1. Have a master’s degree completed by April 1, 2022, in Business,
Accounting, Finance, Business Management or related field AND three
years of administrative experience; OR, a bachelor’s degree in
Business, Accounting, Finance, Business Management or related field
AND a Certified Public Accountant’s license AND three years of
administrative experience; OR, a bachelor’s degree in Business,
Accounting, Finance, Business Management or related field AND five
years of progressively responsible management experience in the
areas of responsibility related to this position.
2. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to
and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural,
disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic
backgrounds of community college students, including those with
physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in
learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive
educational and employment environment.
Applicant must meet the minimum qualifications of a faculty
discipline at the college. To review the minimum qualifications for
faculty disciplines, refer to Minimum Qualifications for Faculty
and Administrators’ in California Community Colleges which can be
found at the
California Community Colleges
website then “Minimum
Applicants applying to this Los Rios Community College District
Administrative position are REQUIRED to complete fully and
1. Los Rios Community College District Administrative
3. Letter of Interest
4. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work
- Applications submitted without all required documents, listed
above, will be disqualified.
- Applicants indicating “see resume” on the application will not
have that referenced experience considered for minimum
qualifications, which may lead to the application being
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be
accepted as unofficial transcripts.
- Applicants, including current Los Rios Community College
District employees, are required to provide unofficial transcripts,
if required to meet the minimum qualifications for the
- Applicants are required to submit official transcripts within
60 days of the time of hire.
- Individuals who have completed college or university course
work at an institution in a country other than the United States
must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees
and other relevant documents.
- A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign
course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary
placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a
college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE
(Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or
NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services)
agencies or evaluators. For additional information on foreign
click here .
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
$161,567 annually. LRCCD
Additional Salary Information
Additional stipend for an earned doctorate from an accredited
Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Full-Time, Twelve-month, Classified Management Position
Beginning on or about April 1, 2022.
How and where to apply
Please visit our
Frequently Asked Questions
for complete information on how to
apply online with our District. If you need assistance with any
phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during
regular business hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00
After hours inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu.
Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance
from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and
proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States
prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional
qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur
during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a
requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from
the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days
Effective October 1, 2021, all faculty and staff must have received
the first dose of the vaccine against the virus that causes COVID
-19 and effective December 1, 2021, all faculty and staff must be
fully vaccinated in order to:
• be physically present on District premises for an extended amount
of time, generally more than 15 minutes or
• participate in District activities for an extended amount of
time, generally more than 15 minutes or
• be inside a building or office
unless they receive an approved medical exemption or religious
All new hires must be fully vaccinated or receive an approved
medical or religious exemption within forty-five (45) days of hire.
Within seven (7) days, all new hires must show proof they have
received the first dose of a two-dose vaccine, or one dose of a
one-dose vaccine, or have applied for a medical or religious
For the latest information on the COVID Vaccine mandate, please
COVID Vaccine Requirements
Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates
selected for a face-to-face interview may be eligible to apply for
partial reimbursement of travel expenses, up to a maximum of $450.
For candidate travel reimbursement information,
Administrative positions may be subject to the District’s Conflict
of Interest Code, and a statement of economic interest is required
within thirty (30) days following appointment to the position.
Management/Executive positions are exempt from overtime provisions
of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering
the question below, I certify that the information provided by me
is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and
belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained
herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I
release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing
such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or
misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if
applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for
disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of
an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to
complete the form 'Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime',
P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed
pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed
click on the link and download the form
https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf and attach
the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- No answer
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Please indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for
this position. Select the appropriate answer.
- I possess the minimum qualifications for this discipline as
listed on the job announcement. (Attach unofficial transcripts from
an accredited college/university and/or evidence of job
- I possess a valid California Community College Credential for
this discipline. (Attach a copy of appropriate credential with
- I possess qualifications equivalent to those listed and have
attached evidence. (To review Equivalency Process.)
- I have previously been granted equivalency to teach this
discipline by the Los Rios Community College District. (Attach the
Equivalency Determination Form P-38 and transcripts.)
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Employee Request for Transfer Form