Faculty Position - Kinesiology FT Tenure Track Position
The Department of Kinesiology at Vanguard University of Southern
California invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track
faculty position in Kinesiology at the Assistant or Associate
professor level to begin Fall 2022. Areas of specialization are
open, however, a well-qualified candidate should be able to teach
both introductory courses (e.g.Biophysical Foundations of
Kinesiology, Psychological, Sociological Aspects of Physical
Activity) and upper division courses related to her/his area of
scholarly and appliedresearch expertise (e.g. biomechanics, fitness
assessment and prescription, strength & conditioning, motor
behavior). The mission of the Department of Kinesiology is to equip
students to become leaders capable of impacting their world for
Christ. The program seeks to prepare competent professionals
through personalized education in the classroom, research, and
field-based experiences. The goal of the department is to develop
independent, critical thinkers who possess an interdisciplinary
education with an in-depth understanding of kinesiology.
- Knowledge and ability to teach both introductory and
- Engage students in the integration of faith and
- Teach four courses per semester (eight per year).
- Advise kinesiology majors.
- Participate in and have committee responsibilities, preferably
after one year of service.
- Candidateswitha Ph.D. in Kinesiology or related field (e.g.
Exercise Science) with college teaching experience preferred. ABD
considered with previous college level teaching
- Candidates must have evidence of a strong commitment to
undergraduate education. This includes mentoring and collaborating
with students with applied and community-based research
- Possess a vibrant Christian faith, and commitment to an
academically rigorous integration of faith and learning.
Full-time, tenure track position. Salary determined on a per
Please complete and submit the Faculty application along with the
below documents to email@example.com. Please do not
send your documents directly to the Department Chair.
- Accompanying essays
- Personal Testimony of Relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Philosophy of Christian Education and Role of a Christian
- Integration of Faith, Teaching and Scholarship.
- Curriculum vita
- One to three letters of reference
- Copies of unofficial transcripts
*Email must include all the above requested attachments and a
completed Faculty application in order to be considered. Review of
applications begins immediately; applications will be accepted
until position is filled or until there are a sufficient number of
applicants. Vanguard University will conduct a background check on
the final candidate.
For more information, please visit: https://www.vanguard.edu/resources/human-resources/employment-opportunities